What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yesterday at an out town lacrosse game with the grandkid. Our teams always gets hammered because we can only draw so many kids, usually just enough to make a team, several whom are girls while the other towns can draw from hundreds. This is the way it has been for decades but our teams just love playing. Anyhoo...the game was delayed for about 10 minutes and all of a sudden, the five players on the floor started chanting, "Ezra, Ezra, Ezra......" Then the bench started and then the crowd. This went on for almost 5 minutes. Mom, dad, Noni and Papa were pretty choked. Ezra is the goalie and my grandkid. At the end of every game, even though they get hammered, this is how they react....

Your browser is not able to display this video.

Now... thats a team.

I returned yesterday from 3 days training at the Texas Traffic Institute at Tx A&M. I buy adaptive equipment for disabled people so they can drive. Mostly handle.the red tape issues for our client. A big part is cutting up the vehicle adding the equipment and then reassemble back to original manufacturing specifications. I had a chance to drive several modified cars and vans made for people without limbs or limited use of arms and legs. The vehicle crash demo was cancelled at the last minute but we watched the video footage going back to the 50s of cars hitting highway guard rails and concrete walls at speeds up to 200 MPR. Here some photos from the old military airfield. Next to last photo shows a joy stick that puts the car in gear and also works the gas and breaks. The last photo is a steering wheel. Two rotation turns the Factory wheel 1 rotation.

Attachments

• IMG_20230526_105238.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230526_104851.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230526_090643.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230526_104901.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
George that is awesome man....you've made my day.....
I'm a lacrosse Goalkeeper these days and for some time now.....and coaxed out to play yet again this year...my 53rd year of playing.

was a Box Lacrosse player back in the Day and in fact played for Australia back in 1980 in the Nations in 80 Tournament in Vancouver, the other teams were
Canada West represented by Coquitlam Adanacs, Canada West can't remember this one, Native American Iroquois Nation Team and USA.
Photo of our Aussie Team taken at Coquitlam Sports centre, I'm in the back row right in the middle wearing Jersey No. 4

love it

You guys all look like the Hanson brothers from ice hockey.

My Ercoupe is back together! I finished installing the new encoded 406 MHZ satellite link Emergency Locator Transmitter. Now I need to register it with NOAA. Next I just have to plug in the new GPS-equipped transponder and get the avionics shop to calibrate the altitude sensor and then confirm the ID code is correct.

You know, I can actually recall a time when flying a light aircraft was less complex than launching a Moon mission.

I have been working on replacing the water pump, front oil seal, and timing belt on my 1997 Celica. Putting the timing belt on proved to be quite a problem. I would get the belt on and discover that the camshaft and crankshaft no longer were aligned properly. I tried over and over and used different techniques, but the closest I could manage was still 2 degrees off. There was no way to keep the crankshaft from rotating even a tiny amount, and I dreamed up various special tools that might take care of the problem. Then I had a thought; I needed to increase the resistance of the crankshaft to rotating by just a small amount.

So I put the spark plugs back in cylinder #1 and #4, the two that have all the valves closed. That did it! I checked this morning and it all lines up perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread