What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The house just west of the blue roof (SE corner of intersection)? The house on the NW corner appears to have a pool (screened in enclosure).

The house just west of the blue roof (SE corner of intersection)?
Yes, if I understand what you are saying, mine is the house that is just west of the one with the blue roof and the pool in the screened enclosure. My house is on the SE corner of the intersection and has a brown/tan roof and a pool without a screened enclosure. There is a gold car in the driveway. In the photo you are looking West. The runway you can see is number 29 or 290 degrees magnetic.

Got it. In a former life I was a Forward Air Controller (OV-10 Bronco) and took pride at being able to talk someone's eyes on. Also grew up in NSB so have been through your neck of the woods once or twice.

I actually found a good set of 185R15 tires for our 1961 Jaguar Mark 2 today! Soon I will not have to keep airing up the tires that came on it.

What made me decide to get replace them (the car is not road worthy yet - no brakes) was looking at the date codes, and realizing the tires were made when I was a Junior in High School! Yikes! I should be happy they held air when it was tied down to the trailer for the 8 hour tow home last January! I think the spare tire is one of the originals as it has a 1959 date code!

Last edited:
Back in the early 1980s a friend bought a Daimler Sovereign 4.2 litre. New tyres and a tank full of petrol cost him more than he paid for the car which had little wrong with it but everything that needed fixing cost as much as the car was worth, which was why it was worth almost nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread