What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah garage trusses blah blah...

What's under the tarp?

Yeah garage trusses blah blah...

What's under the tarp?
That's a weird one, not being able to resist an odd ball performance Pontiac. Several years ago I went to an estate auction in Central Pennsylvania that had many GTO's, Trans Am's ect... and what interested me was the 1971 Catalina Sedan with 455 badges on the grill. Turns out the the deceased was the retired county road commission Garage Manager. The ugly 4-door was one of 26 built 71 Pontiac Freeway Enforcers sold that year. And was the former Police Chief's car of Chambersburg PA. I struck a side deal with the Widow and plan on restoring it starting this winter back to its in service condition. Providing that I can come up with a picture of the Chambersburg door shield than in use. The local newspaper found one picture of it in service (taken on the day my wife was born) Its a distance shot and of poor quality but it does give an Idea of what it looked like.

Sorry you asked?

I owned a '73 Pontiac Catalina. I called her Dreadnaught.

As an old Poncho lover (and owner) myself I approve of this automobile.

In the movie "The Irishman" Al Pacino, as Jimmy Hoffa, drives what looks to be a 1975 or 76 fully loaded Granville, light green, color keyed mags, fender skirts, the works, I have to pause the movie every time at that point.

Just on the back porch, reading "Coffin Corner" when an airplane came over, the engine going "rrrrr- rrrr-rrr--rrrrrrrrr-rrr-rr." I thought "You'd better turn back, my friend." and he did, doing a 180 just East of my house and passing almost directly overhead. The engine was still misbehaving when he went out of sight but I heard no sirens, so I guess he made it.

So, no unexpected guests for lunch. Just as well. I had I finished off the last of my pulled pork BBQ earlier. I guess we could have eaten Blue Bell Butter Pecan Ice Cream.

Users who are viewing this thread