What Did You Get?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I got all kinds of cool stuff. I got a dinning room table, a starbucks gift card. a ink pen from my baby girl, a Drew Brees Saints Jersy, some $$$, and this cool art work. If you look closely at the face, its none other than yours truly. He took a picture of me and drew it with the pilot uniform. The Black and White one is the original, and the orange color one is taken without the flash. I think the artist did very well.

Beau, that is fricking awesome!!! I would die to have something like that!!! :thumbright:

Its not quite the same thing, but this guy at this E-bay link does the caricatures. You can send any picture and do any background you want. He doesnt do just birthdays, he does anything your imagination can come up with. Maybe this would intrest someone?

Custom Colored Caricature From Your Photo Birthday Gift - eBay (item 140346613989 end time Jan-15-10 02:34:31 PST)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, I picked up the Colt M4 .22LR Carbine that I bought myself for Christmas, today. :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP8648-rs.jpg
    IMGP8648-rs.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 386
We started this tradition a few years ago- My daughter was old enough and Santa no longer visits- so we got family tickets to the World Series in Denver for Christmas presents. Then around Christmas, we all take about 30 bucks and buy each other gifts for our stockings- cheap stuff, gag stuff, Candy, mechanical pencils, socks, boxers, cheesy movies, things we loved when we were kids, etc....

It kinda stuck so each year there's been a big family thing then small stocking stuff that we all shop for so there are presents on christmas morning.

This year our Christmas started in August with a trip to the Czech Republic for the 65th Commemorative memorial service of the battle over the white carpathian mountains. (plus an opera in Prague and a Terezin tour)

Then last weekend we all went and saw Bowfire- Holiday Strings (a cool concert with violins, fiddles. cello...etc and electric violins, bass, and cello..) and the kids got T-shirts there.

Then we got plane tickets to our cabin.

this week we'll go skiing, and probably horseback riding in the snow.

So this year in my stocking I got a thing of sweettarts, a makeup brush, the movie August Rush and some socks.

From my parents I got a sweater and a milk frother to make my own coffees. From the inlaws- $50. From my students, tons of coffee, chocolate and candles.

Got a whole heap of AC/DC merchandise; seatcovers, spirit glasses, pool cue, bean bag cover, towel. Some clothes, the usual stuff :) I swear there mustn't be any more AC/DC merchandise to get! :lol:

Nothing actually, we do not do the gift thing over Christmas, for us it is more about having the whole family together and to enjoy spending time together and eating until we want to pop. You guys got a lot of nice stuff, but what did you get the other people? lol

I always tell my family that I do not want gifts. To me Christmas has kind of gotten out of hand, it has become a "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme..." holiday. I don't care about gifts, I just want to spend Christmas with my family. To me all that matters is the sitting around the tree or the fireplace and listening to Christmas music and just being with the family.

Now having said that, I still always receive gifts and of course I am grateful for them. They are just not necessary. Here is what I received this year:

A three bowling ball tote bag
Hammer Black Widow Sting Bowling Ball
2 shirts
3 bottles of wine
1 bottle of Fettercairn 1824 12 year old single malt whiskey.
Some spices and salt/pepper corns.
Quite a bit of money (I wont post how much thouggh...;))

I always tell my family that I do not want gifts. To me Christmas has kind of gotten out of hand, it has become a "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme..." holiday. I don't care about gifts, I just want to spend Christmas with my family. To me all that matters is the sitting around the tree or the fireplace and listening to Christmas music and just being with the family.

y'know, for the first time in my life, that actually happened to me. when Christmas day came, all I could think about was having my coffeeand listening to christmas music whilst opening presents. buuuut, mom wanted to open presents before my coffee was done, and watch the NEWS. xP

That Whisky Chris is the closest distillery to me (17 miles away). Toured the distillery a couple of years back and of course had a taste, was quite sweet but still nice, certainly not my favourite (I like them peaty so a Laphroaig or a Lochnagar are what I like best).

Here is what I got. A new pair of ski's (K2 Kung Fujas 2010) and a pair of ski goggles (Oakley Splice with Fire (sunny days) and Pink (cloudy/overcast/snowy) iridium lenses). So looks like just like Harrison it is going to be a lot of skiing (which I planned to do anyway). Got a week in the Alps in 4 weeks now which I cannot wait for, then see if I can get another couple in before the end of the season.

They both really are joint Birthday/Christmas presents. Also got a little bit of cash from relatives and some aftershave from my brothers.

Some pictures.

#1 - Goggles
#2 - Ski's - Topsheet
#3 - Ski's - Bases
#4 - My two sets of skis (K2 Kung Fujas and K2 Public Enemy (pretty trashed now after 3 years - Scottish skiing = rocks + I broke the bindings (warrantied) and have now slightly broke them again).

Attachments

• Oakley Splices.jpg
    Oakley Splices.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 214
  • K2 Kung Fujas Topsheets.jpg
    K2 Kung Fujas Topsheets.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 201
  • K2 Kung Fujas Bases.jpg
    K2 Kung Fujas Bases.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 233
  • K2 Kung Fujas + K2 Public Enemy.png
    K2 Kung Fujas + K2 Public Enemy.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 430
Nothing actually, we do not do the gift thing over Christmas, for us it is more about having the whole family together and to enjoy spending time together and eating until we want to pop. You guys got a lot of nice stuff, but what did you get the other people? lol

Parents (both sides) - Gift cards, a pound of coffee hand delivered every month (tradition), a painting from my son framed, socks for my mom, and some other 'stuff'

We always send gifts to all our siblings that are under 18yo.

And a few special gifts to those deserving.

Well, I picked up the Colt M4 .22LR Carbine that I bought myself for Christmas, today. :lol:

Now that is a nice gift!

y'know, for the first time in my life, that actually happened to me. when Christmas day came, all I could think about was having my coffeeand listening to christmas music whilst opening presents. buuuut, mom wanted to open presents before my coffee was done, and watch the NEWS. xP

That happens when you get older. When my kids are out of the house, Christmas will never be the same. Until grandkids that is. :toothy5:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the version that can knock skittles over in a darkened bowling alley? :)

Heh?

Not sure what you mean...:lol:

I actually got it 2 weeks before Christmas, because I wanted to try it out in the league before it breaks for the holidays. My wife let me have it early so I could get it drilled. Great ball, has some very aggressive hook to it.

That Whisky Chris is the closest distillery to me (17 miles away). Toured the distillery a couple of years back and of course had a taste, was quite sweet but still nice, certainly not my favourite (I like them peaty so a Laphroaig or a Lochnagar are what I like best).

I had never tried it before Christmas day. It is not a bad whiskey, I can drink it just fine. It is not my favorite either though. I prefer the more smokey whiskeys.

Holy cow, that's a heck of a workout just carrying the thing, NICE!

Wheels my friend, wheels...:lol:

Last edited:
Not a lot of stuff. I enjoyed Christmas with my family, got some food, ski apparal, and COD: MW2. I got a friend of mine a gamestop card, and my brother picked up a gift certificate to a local restraunt for my parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back