What did you want to be when you were younger? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Okay, since I'm still fairly young I'll say what I want to do.

I want to graduate college and join the US Army. After about 10 or so years I will retire and become a Police Officer (Like my dad, grandfather and great grandfather).

What did you want to be when you were younger and where are you working currently?

I wanted to be either: a police officer, a firefighter or an astronaut.
So I ended up with the police. :lol:

Currently, I only work very rarely at the Police and Crime Museum in Copenhagen, and in between I'm getting my health issues (- arthritis and a bad back) sorted out while getting sorted out just HOW much I can work and how, at one of those shops where you can buy used stuff - clothes, furniture, kitchen stuff and all. I don't know what it's called in english.

Only a fighter pilot. Being an Aero Engineer was sublimation because my eyes weren't quite good enough to qualify for Air Force Academy

When I was a kid I lived a stone's throw from the Glenn L. Martin aircraft Co., in Middle River, Md. I use to watch them fly
all kinds of Martin airplanes, and resolved that someday I would be a test pilot for Glenn L. Martin. Well, that didn't
happen....

Charles

Well, I'm still in college, but I do want to be a website designer, which is why Digital Media is my major. When I was younger, I wanted to be in the military, or a police officer like my grandfather. However, when I got older I realized the military wasn't for me. That being said, I would enlist if the need arise. B-17, if you are planning on joining, I suggest the Air Force, from what I've heard, they have several skills that can brought over into the civilian world.

I once told my Dad, when I was very young, that I wanted to join the army when I got old enough...he was instantly horrified and asked me why I would want to do such a thing. "They beat you", "they shout at you", "they call you all types of nasty things"..."and they make you kill people." My Dads only experience with military life was Japan in the 1930' 40's.:happyhippy:

Well, I'm still in college, but I do want to be a website designer, which is why Digital Media is my major. When I was younger, I wanted to be in the military, or a police officer like my grandfather. However, when I got older I realized the military wasn't for me. That being said, I would enlist if the need arise. B-17, if you are planning on joining, I suggest the Air Force, from what I've heard, they have several skills that can brought over into the civilian world.

I'm color blind or deficient, however you want to put it. I am not sure if I qualify. It's definitely been a thought!

Heh. I still don't know what I want to do.

B17, if you want to go into the police force after your military stint (and I agree...if you're gonna do 10, put in the full 20.), go for a rating like MP or some other security types. The Army does have alot of ratings that translate well into the civilian world! So does the Navy, the Marines, the Coast Guard...they've all got their post-service benefits. Just do the research beforehand, and don't let your recruiter talk you into something you're not 100% positive about. It may be a great career, but it may also be hell on earth. Whatever you choose, though, I applaud and salute your resolve at your age! Most kids don't know what they want to do this weekend, much less for the rest of their lives!

Thanks for the nice comment! I will look into it! My grandfathers were both in the military as are both of my uncles ( I have five, 4 are now police officers and 1 is a doctor.) So I guess it runs in the family!

young man you have no idea what lies before you, youth gone real quick and will tell you from experience. watch and wait to see what the world does, I have relatives right now two of them awaiting their 3rd tour this time in Afghanistan and for what ? the place is a stinkin hot in summer freezing your butt off in the winter with no cover...........you don't want to go there do you ?

just use what God gave you and that is brains along with a little patience

be well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back