What do you do for a living?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Student at the moment (just finished second year) although I have done various summer jobs - the main one being as an analyst at a consulting company and this summer I did some work for the National Hyperbaric Centre in Aberdeen (that my Godfather owns) as a technician :arrow: one thing it has done is make me want to avoid the bends at all costs those chambers don't look fun (and aren't :arrow: been in when they are not compressed).

At the moment I am in the process of going through the preliminary stages of going into the RAF (have a presentation and another interview next week). So we'll see how that goes.

Finance guy (or 'finance director' as the business card shamelessly says) in a small multinational company.
Sharing my time between Milano and Atlanta thanks to a weird family arrangement; my luck that working with numbers you only need a laptop, DSL and telephone, so I can work 'remote' one weelk per month.

Les, theres a stupid TV commercial up this way from a cable Co. with some cableguy explaining fiber optics to a 9 yr old. At the end he says "Its true quom" ( I may be incorrect because of my poor hearing :| ). Sounded like it fit, tongue in cheek :oops: . Man, at times I'm just poor on the jokes!

Twenty-three years in the U.S.Navy as an Aircraft Electricians-mate then about eleven years working as an A&P mechanic for Northwest Airlines, first doing structures on 727's MD-80's, then DC-9's, then 747-400's, then as a line mechanic. Got fed up with "Major Airline" B.S. and retired now I'm working General Aviation and sometimes doing restoration work. And I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!:confused:

I'm a pilot in the USMC. Currently in the last phase of flight school for helos. After I finish I'm slated for the MV-22 Osprey.

Interesting connection - after I left Lockheed I was one of the leads on wing design of XV-15. Jump take off was a hairy design issue because of the incredible 'up' design loads at the tip... flap design was very interesting also.

I am retired software/services exec, but keep my hands in the cookie jar as a management consultant - focused on organzational development, re-orgs (read: part time exec in turnarounds) and quality...and continued research on 8th AF FC. We breed Irish Wolfhounds, hunt and fish a lot when we can get good dog sitters (we have 12).. I build gunstocks when I get bored -

Mkloby - I haven't paid much attention to V-22 - I assume it still has a transmission 'mixing box' to make sure if one engine fails you can still drive both rotors from one engine?

Interesting connection - after I left Lockheed I was one of the leads on wing design of XV-15. Jump take off was a hairy design issue because of the incredible 'up' design loads at the tip... flap design was very interesting also.

I am retired software/services exec, but keep my hands in the cookie jar as a management consultant - focused on organzational development, re-orgs (read: part time exec in turnarounds) and quality...and continued research on 8th AF FC. We breed Irish Wolfhounds, hunt and fish a lot when we can get good dog sitters (we have 12).. I build gunstocks when I get bored -

Mkloby - I haven't paid much attention to V-22 - I assume it still has a transmission 'mixing box' to make sure if one engine fails you can still drive both rotors from one engine?

To tell you the truth - this is my 3rd aircraft flown in less than a year. With the rate that they keep handing me new NATOPS manuals - I haven't even begun to worry about the MV-22 yet. But, I have heard that either engine is capable of powering both proprotors.

I am a network and security engineer for a company that handles financial transactions. I also own an aviation photography business, like most of you didn't know that already! ;) The network thing pays the bills, and I happen to be pretty good at it. The photo thing allows me to have some fun and buy more photo gear, like a self-financing hobby, with benefits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back