'What If' RAF Fw-190-D9 Dora

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Had this kit sometime and tonight I found the missing winscreen still on the sprues :oops: .Decided to go with a 'What if' RAF version in D-day colours participating in 'Operation Overlord' ...I agree , it sounds stupid - Dam you Terry! :lol:

Its the Italeri 1/72 kit , my kit was one realeased under the 'Bilek' label

I can't think up a theory for this as the 190D-9 only went into production in August 1944 so its kinda BS but to save the trouble lets just say the RAF managed to capture one before then and produce a squadron of them for service . Hawker was given this task and following their series of fighters the Hurricane ,Typhoon ,Tempest , this became the 'Hawker Cyclone' I know its silly :oops:

Underway tonight , nice cockpit detail on this kit , the fuselage halves need help .They are badly bent due to the kit being a bag kit . I've glued the lower halves of the engine cowling together and once thats dried tomorrow will bring the rest of it into line .

Some pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Great idea Daniel, and should look good mate. You not putting it in the 'What if?' thread though? That fuselage is a bit un-straight mate! It should be ok if you tape it tightly when glued though. Looking forward to the next part mate.

Sorry Terry , didn't want to invade your thread! Cheers mate

Ill post all future progress in that thread - should get some more done tomorrow afternoon all going well

Cheers Harrison and Jason

Will have some progress of the build up soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back