What is...or how do you make...your fave drink ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Mine is much simpler. Find a glass, put in handfull of ice, pour in Bourbon of choice (lately it's Wild Turkey Rare Breed), go out on deck sip until glass is empty, start over.

Sometimes I'll change it up and make an Old Fashioned.

Start with one sugar cube, a couple dashes of Angostura Bitters, a little club soda, mash it up and swirl it around to coat the glass. Add some ice and a jigger of Bourbon, and maybe throw in a Marachino cherry and an orange twist. Once again, repeat as needed.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting Gary, I'll have to try it. By the way, you're feeling so good in that pic that your shirt (and the clock) are reading backwards!
:lol:

Here's mine:

Gin Martini
Old school, not the colored ones they have on the menu at a restaurant.
I make 'em big so do not try this at home

3 small olives
Dribble of the juice from the olive jar
A touch of dry vermouth
3 oz of Beefeater London Dry Gin

Must be Beefeater. There is no substitute.
Either over ice or mix it in a shaker with the ice and pour into martini glass, depending on how I feel at the time, but usually over ice.

One has me feeling good. Two of them has me feeling really, really really good. I had three once, but did not attempt that again!

Nah, much easier than all that bother.
First, find madly attractive blonde.
Second, tell her to get me a drink.
Third, who cares what the drink is (to an extent).
Third, tell her to get me another - later !!!

Gary, thats going in the mugshots thread along with Rochie in the Santa hat!!!

Mine is simple but after many years of experimentation I have reached a level with this that I can drink as many as I want, pigs turn into foxes and I'm not doing a video lunch the next morning....

DeWars White Label Scotch
splash of 7-Up

simple

oh, and turn the pic around.....:)

Reckon you guys have had some of my drink already !...

you're feeling so good in that pic that your shirt (and the clock) are reading backwards

oh, and turn the pic around.....

To get the shot I was stood in front of the mirror over the cooker, hence the backwards writing on the shirt. Now as for the clock...is it really reversed ?. the numbers are going the right way just facing the wrong way !. Actually, its a 'Backwards clock' that runs anti-clockwise and is great fun once you get used to reading it the wrong way :). The first shot was from last night, the next is from this morning....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 245
Love the pics Gary! :)

Mine is simple....

Glass
Whiskey (Canadian Hunter, Jack Daniels, Crown)
Ice

Done

I still enjoy a White Russian or a 7 and Seven now and then if I want something a little sweeter.

mine is pint glass fill with ice pour on the Jack Daniels then fill with coke 50/50 mix then stay indoors and drink as i dont have a veranda and its always too dark, cold and wet in the north east to sit outside !

Two of my favourites...

1. Blackbeard, Morgans, Coke and a dash of Guinness....
2. Black Russian, Tia Maria, Vodka and Coke....

Next to try is Black Widow, which I think is Black Sambuca Luxardo and Absolut Citron....

other than the mainstay of a good spiced rum...capt morgan, one barrel, old master, etc and coke this strawberry smoothie kicks @$$!!!

found this in Aruba while we were waiting for our room be available. been hooked ever since.

its called a Paradise special

you actually need this stuff called ponche crema its like a very thick eggnog. i usually end up making it myself...but eggnog ( alcoholic version ) will work..but get the thick kind.

you need a blender. in it put one scoop of ice plus

1 shot of baileys
1 shot of rum ( dark or white )
a splash of the eggnog (ponche crema )
a splash of pina colata mix ( liquid )

get it blending

add crushed frozen strawberries ( the kind with a little sugary syrup you put over shortcake or ice cream )

should turn into a pink smootie consistancy.

coat the bottom of the glass ( use plastic..i will tell you why in a minute ) with a swirl of the eggnog then pour the smoothie in....add 1 dab of egg nog on top for color. drink through a straw.

If you wish...once you pour it into the plastic cup...put it in the freezer to make it like italian ice.

enjoy

Here's a drink my dad taught me. It's called a Black and Tan. Very simply to make.
First. Take a glass (easy right?) :)
Then you fill it up halfway with bass ale. After that, get a large spoon out and a pint of Guinness.
Place the spoon over the glass. Slowly let the Guinness fill the spoon up and spill into the glass. This will let the darker stout rest above the lighter stout.
Voila, a Black and Tan. (Oh, if the Guinness is from a can, be careful. It might spill outside the glass. Found that out the hard way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back