What is the best beer in the World? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ooooo you little hardened drinker you D dint worry its only a passing faze
Some of the new world wines are really nice Udet I have recently discovered a New Zealand Cabernet that is knockout (Oyster Bay) and it comes with a screw cap so no chance of getting a spoiled corked bottle.

I know events like these, plan_D. Just last Friday, first I went with my girfriend, then she went home so I went to some pub near where my home bus stop is - there were many Englishmen there (some of them were policemen - the "bobbies") - I came back home at 9 o'clock in the morning......

No it just means that Bud was willing to pay more for the contract. Sorry I understand that you are blind to the fact but Bud sucks. I just asked the guys in my unit and they all said that Budwieser sucks and obviously you have not had a taste of 'real' beer. Guess what? They are all American and they will not touch beer, they said they would rather not drink beer if they had to drink Bud. I dont even think that anyone here on this forum as agreed with you that Bud is a good beer. How can you like th watered down taste of it?

So many people go to Germany with the expectations that they have the best beers in the world that put American beers to shame. And after awhile, they start to believe it.

Fortunatley, in my travels around the world, I've kept an open mind about what is good and what is bad, and I was surprised that Budweiser tasted good no matter what country you were in.

The reason Bud is so rich is they sell a lot of beer. That means they have lots of customers who like their product!

The consumer is always right!

:))

DerAdler:

Do you happen to know the German beer I mentioned in my last posting?

Franziskaner Weissbier?

Syscom3:

During your stay in Mexico, did you ever had the chance of tasting a superb mexican beer, "Casta"?

See their webpage, there´s an english section of the page available. Very good beer, and very expensive.

http://www.cervezacasta.com.mx/

Cerveza (Spanish for..)= Beer, Bier.

I have decided to start a tasting excersise with Beers and Lagers I hav'nt tried before, tonights sample is going to be Budwieser Budvar I have tasted the US brand Budwieser (yuck) but the Budvar seems to use a different Hop variety I shall post my results.

Budweiser is not cheap, its "inexpensive". And it can be sold for less because so much of it is brewed and sold to adoring consumers. if they didnt have the cosumer base, then they couldnt sell it for less.

Udet, no I didnt see a beer with that name the last time I was in Mexico DF.

syscom3 said:
Budweiser is not cheap, its "inexpensive". And it can be sold for less because so much of it is brewed and sold to adoring consumers. if they didnt have the cosumer base, then they couldnt sell it for less.

:lol: IT'S FRIGGIN CHEAP, MASS BREWED AND TASTE HORRIBLE!!! Consumer base?!?! - Rednecks, a good portion of the hispanic community, and other folks who drink beer with a paper bag wrapped around the can! :rolleyes: ;)

syscom3 said:
So many people go to Germany with the expectations that they have the best beers in the world that put American beers to shame. And after awhile, they start to believe it.

No they like German beer because it is better. But can you explain this if it has to do with only German beer, then why do they think Guiness is better, why do think Heinekin is better, why do they think that Fosters is better, why do they think that Kilkenny is better? Sorry Bud sucks, I am very sorry that you dont realize it.

syscom3 said:
Fortunatley, in my travels around the world, I've kept an open mind about what is good and what is bad, and I was surprised that Budweiser tasted good no matter what country you were in.

Actually so have I and having lived in the United States, Germany and travelled to almost all of Europe and parts of Asia and I have learned to live with an open mind and with that open mind I am have learned to be cultured and see that Budweiser is uncultred crap and very cheap and of cheap quality. I am not saying that only the Germans make good beer. What I am saying is that Budweiser is crap for quality and taste and that the Germans, British, Irish, and Czech make the best bear and even there worst beer is better than Budweiser.

syscom3 said:
The reason Bud is so rich is they sell a lot of beer. That means they have lots of customers who like their product!

The consumer is always right!

:))

Not going to repeat what others have already said. :lol:

Udet said:
DerAdler:

Do you happen to know the German beer I mentioned in my last posting?

Franziskaner Weissbier?

Yes I know the beer. I can buy it at the Extra Markt right near my home.

syscome3 said:
Budweiser is not cheap, its "inexpensive". And it can be sold for less because so much of it is brewed and sold to adoring consumers.

Who are naive and dont know anything about beer.

FLYBOYJ said:
IT'S FRIGGIN CHEAP, MASS BREWED AND TASTE HORRIBLE!!! Consumer base?!?! - Rednecks, a good portion of the hispanic community, and other folks who drink beer with a paper bag wrapped around the can!

LOL that is funny but true. :lol:

Got this from another site....:evil4:

Budweiser, horse filtered for that special taste ;)

Now, don't get this article wrong. I am not out to get Budweiser or anything like that. I just think their beer sucks! I got back from Houston recently, the land of Budweiser. I am sure there are other lands of Budweiser out there, but Houston seems to be the one place where people love to chug their bud. All I can say to the Budweiser chugging morons out there is, get a life! Get a micro brewed life! It costs $5 a case for a reason, a very bad reason!!
Before this gets too into this, I want everyone who loves their bud to do the following (or for those of you who want to take the bud taste test):

How to drink a Bud:
Take a can of bud. Put it in the freezer for an hour or two. The top half inch of beer should be frozen solid. Take it out, and break through the ice with an icepick/knife/screwdriver/sharp object. Then chug the beer. You have roughly 10 seconds before the beer goes warm and flat, and begins to taste and smell like horse piss.

Do this procedure 6 times.

Now, given that bud is 99.999% water, after 6 times, unless you look like Earl Hughes, you will probably have to take a piss. Take one of the 6 cans, and piss in it. Fill it to the top. Now, put the can in the freezer for 3 hours. Take it out, break it with that sharp object, and drink it down. I will guarantee that you cannot tell the difference!!

OK, my point is made. And I don't want to just pick on Budweiser. I also will say that this works with any Anheiser-Busch beer and any Miller as well. I just love their commericals - the best brewed beer in America ... says who? The same idiots who still drive Cadillacs, getting one mile to the gallon. Some big, fat, beer drinking moron in the midwest/south? Get a life!!! I love how they assemble a panel of judges, what judges! I want their names!!! and say that they judged Budweiser not only the best beer in America, but in the entire world? Bull-hinky!!!

First off, just looking at Budweiser's web site, I can give you some facts on why their beer sucks. The first thing is the born on date. What this really is, is an expiration date. It is best drank within 110 days of its conception. That is 3 1/2 months. Why does that suck? Well, a good stout beer takes at least 6 months before it reaches it's prime state for consumption. Some fruit beers can take up to 3 years before they are drinkable. And in both of these types of beers, they last up to a year. Of course, these beers last longer then 10 seconds to drink and don't taste like horsepiss when they are warm. A good stout is drinkable before carbonation, before second stage fermentation, even at room temperature. I just made a porter that was drinkable prior to fermentation! Try drinking bud before it is carbonated and fermented (which takes them a couple of hours to achieve, of course they only use natural ingredients). I will guarantee you will think you are drinking horsepiss. Their beer tastes like crap when it is warm, it tastes like crap if it is cold then warm then cold or any combo. It spoils easily, and it cannot be drank more then 10 minutes after you open the can/bottle (unless you really like the taste of horsepiss).

Going further into their web site, it says that the world's best brewmasters (again who do they talk to, this is an ambiguous term they use. The guys at Mo's Bar Grill do not qualify as judges) agree that the most difficult beer to brew is one that is skillfully balanced so that no one ingrediant overpowers another. The result is a refeshing beer with superior drinkability. BULL-HINKY!!!!! The best beers are precisely that, where you can taste the flavor of one or more ingredients (such as a certain hop or grain). American lagers suck because of this, they taste like nothing! That is why they have to be served icecold - the only thing you are tasting is some icy liquid going down your throat! Be it water or horsepiss, they both taste the same!

According to the Brewers' companion, here is a synopsys of American and American Light lager:
A light-tasting lager beer, originially patterned after the pilsner style, but now weaker, paler, and less bitter. Contains corn or rice adjuncts, the cheaper brands having more. Six-row malt is used because of its high enzyme levels. The present law limits adjunct content to 60 percent. The best examples are light, crisp, and good ice-cold on a hot day. The worst are thin, watery, with a soda-pop texture, and a flavor of too much corn. Some brands are stabilized with ultrafiltration instead of pasteurization, greatly improving beer body and head retention. These are sometimes known as "bottled draft" (or canned). Cans have plastic coatings on the inside, which can affect beer flavor.

An even lighter-tasting version of the same type of lager. Original gravities are less, and industrial enzymes are used to reduce dextrins almost completely to maltrose, so attenuation is higher then normal beers. Continues to be a growing segment of total U.S. beer consumption. Difficult, if not impossible, for the homebrewer to make; a good thing-we really don't want to!

To summarize this - Budweiser dotes on being a rice beer. All the rice does is add alcohol. It doesn't add body or flavor to the beer, yet Budweiser denotes this as a "premium" ingredient. And Budweiser also totes about using six-row barley, like that is something unique and unusual. There are two major types of barley, six-row and two-row. Two-row barley has fuller, plumper kernels then six-row. Because of this, malted two-row barley yields a higher extract-a larger percent of the malt kernel is convertible to soluble starch and sugar. Six-row yields less. Two-row barley is the standard for all of Europe and Great Britain (yet Budweiser claims victory in a London-based taste test.)

I could go on and on about this, but I already have. As you can tell, I enjoy micro-brewed beers. I abhor the mass produced, cheap, crappy beers that have invaded American beer drinking society. I call on everyone to boycott these companies and drink real beer, beer that has incredible taste and doesn't have to be drank at one degree above zero to be tolerable. Come to us, the micro brewed brotherhood awaits you.

Attachments

• budidiot_878.jpg
    budidiot_878.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 142
Very good post and very true there.

I especially liked this part here:

First off, just looking at Budweiser's web site, I can give you some facts on why their beer sucks. The first thing is the born on date. What this really is, is an expiration date. It is best drank within 110 days of its conception. That is 3 1/2 months. Why does that suck? Well, a good stout beer takes at least 6 months before it reaches it's prime state for consumption. Some fruit beers can take up to 3 years before they are drinkable. And in both of these types of beers, they last up to a year. Of course, these beers last longer then 10 seconds to drink and don't taste like horsepiss when they are warm.

As a matter of fact I have a rack of Paulaner Kristal Weizen right now in my basement keeping cool (note: no fridgeration required) and well I bought the rack about 4 months ago and the beer is still good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back