What is the best beer in the World? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just to let you know what is the real Budvar. ;)

BTW, costs 8.90 Czk - that's 0.35 Cents, lolol :lol: 8) :p

Attachments

• pict0023_268.jpg
    pict0023_268.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 248
Well I have just tried this Budweiser Budvar and my honest opinion is that its a lager that is as tasteless as its US counterpart it lacks any discernible flavour and although containing more malt and than hops hence it being a lager the overall falvour is very chemical and unpleasant in fact I have poured most of it away.
Earlier this evening I went out for a meal and had a bottle of Spanish Alhambra 1925 reserve lager this was really nice with a much better colour and a strong Malt taste .
Out of 10 for the Budvar I give 1 the Alhambra 7

Attachments

• bud3_894.jpg
    bud3_894.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 238
  • bud2_360.jpg
    bud2_360.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 242
  • bud_1_550.jpg
    bud_1_550.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 235
Yet another national embarrassment for Canada (like we really need any more. :rolleyes: ): Budweiser is brewed here too.

"Why" you might ask, when we already have our share of weak, watery, crappy brand-name beer? Big business I guess. Some say it has more flavour than the stuff brewed in the States, but it all tastes the same to me. Funny thing is, relatively few people drink the stuff anyway. :-k
They still prefer the home-grown crap, like Labatt's Blue and Moosehead. Beats me. Labatt brews the Canadian Bud anyway, so personally I think it's all in their heads.

My last beer I shall drink for today is Adnams Broadside
The nose is dull and musty and with a burnt meat falvour this is one of the limited porter type ales that is currently coming back in favour in the UK personely I find it not as smooth as I would like from a beer and it has a not very nice after taste out of 10 , I give it 5

Attachments

• broadside_2_611.jpg
    broadside_2_611.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 215
  • broadside_3_507.jpg
    broadside_3_507.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 225
I'd still go for the glass. Bud isn't what I call good beer, but it's drinkable at least. It doesn't make me want to puke, let's put it that way.

Trackend, you're an ignorant cretin................ No, just kidding :lol:

Everyone has different tastes, I like the Czech Bud although it isn't the best Czech beer......

IMHO the very best is Pilsner Urquel, in Czech called Plzen (after the Western Bohemia city Pilsen/Plzen):
2_01.jpg

Pisis said:
Trackend, you're an ignorant cretin................ No, just kidding :lol:

I'll go along with that Pisis but at least im an honest cretin and I still think Bud is tasteless muck :) .
Tonight I shall try 2 German beers one a pilsner the other a wheat beer.

Attachments

• pa150001_134.jpg
    pa150001_134.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 150
Of those too the Premium Pils will taste the best but I honestly do not know if those 2 are any good, never tried them. There are just too many damn German beer over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back