What is the best beer in the World?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Budweiser, Hamms, Henry's who gives a rats ass, it's all the same stale pungent puke. go have a real Bier-Deutsch syscom. We are Americans and we buy cheap because that is what we are accustomed to and it's readily available, and not the finer liquid breads unless we go deli shopping which we need to do but are too dang lazy to seek out.

ok class dismissed : Beer 101

Not a connoisseur but I say
Pilsener Urquell and Spaten for the lagers

Guinness, Kilkenny and Chimay for the 'evening meditation' beers

Bud and other very light beers (like Kronenbourg, the italians etc.) are ok for me when it's hot and I am really thirsty: cold and light you can drink them like water whitout getting drunk.

You know, one thing that HASNT been mentioned is all the fine tasty beers coming in from Mexico... Corona is good, but there are many better beers down there...

Dosequis (Doe Sekees) Amber is a GREAT beer.... Modelo is another great beer as well....

Ive heard the whole Fosters/Aussie thing when I was in Austrailia... I thought it was funny as hell...

I would rather drink water or coke before I waste my time, money or taste buds on a Budweiser, let alone a Bud light...

NO BUD IN PORTUGAL!

STRASBOURG, France - Anheuser-Busch Ltd. cannot sell beer under the brand name Budweiser in Portugal, the European Court of Human Rights ruled Tuesday in the latest round of a global legal battle between the U.S. beer giant and Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar.

Anheuser-Busch was appealing a 2001 decision by Portugal's Supreme Court, which ruled that Budejovicky Budvar had the right to use the brand name under a 1986 treaty between the Czech Republic and Portugal, which protects registered designations of origin.

Anheuser-Busch argued the decision violated its rights to the "peaceful enjoyment" of the trademark and lodged a complaint with the Strasbourg court. It said the Portuguese ruling infringed Article 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which guarantees individuals and companies protection of property.

Anheuser-Busch first applied to register Budweiser as a trademark in 1981. After a protracted legal battle, during which Portuguese courts first granted the use of Budweiser to the American company then ruled in favor of the Czechs following their appeal, the case was sent to Strasbourg in June 2001.

"While we are disappointed with this ruling, the judgment has no effect on Anheuser-Busch's business in Portugal as our trademark for `Bud' remains valid and unchallenged," Stephen J. Burrows, CEO and president of Anheuser-Busch International Inc., said in a statement Tuesday.

"Anheuser-Busch has made significant investments since 1876 to develop our Budweiser and Bud brand names throughout the world, and we will aggressively protect our famous trademarks from any infringement. We disagree with the ruling and are considering an appeal to the Grand Chamber of Judges in light of the persuasive dissenting opinion issued by two of the court's judges."

The two companies have been battling over Budweiser and other trade names, such as Budvar, for a century. Currently, they are involved in some 40 lawsuits worldwide.

Budejovicky Budvar was founded in 1895 in Ceske Budejovice — called Budweis by the German-speaking people that populated the area at the time. Beer has been brewed there since 1265.

The founders of Anheuser-Busch used the name Budweiser for their product because it was well-known in their German homeland. The St. Louis brewery got its start in 1852. It began producing Budweiser, America's first national beer brand, in 1876.

Since 2001, Budvar has been exporting lager to the Unites States under the name Czechvar

budweiser is like yellow water forme
quilmes,for ever,that's the real thing

the worst ones?the israeli beer,is like orine

syscom3 said:
Ive been to germany, tried the beers..... and wondered what all the fuss was :))

Yes because you either tried the wrong beer or you were expecting the taste of Budweiser which leads me to believe you know nothing about good beer. :D

syscom3 said:
Deradler, what do you mean million of consumers are wrong? You remind me of one of the Kerry spokesman after the election complaining how so many people can be so dumb :))

Well I guess I am saying that then. People who like Budweiser are dumb! :D

syscom3 said:
Budweiser! Budweiser! Budweiser! Budweiser!

Uncultured Crap! Uncultured Crap! Uncultured Crap! Uncultured Crap!

Nonskimmer you are correct there are bad German beers out there but you know what lets say 100 out of 2500 different beers. Thats pretty good odds. You go to any village, town or city or in Germany and chances are you will get a quality good beer. There are great beers all over the world. the microbreweries in the US make some good beer. The British, Polish, Irish, and Czech make excellent beer also.

You know though why Europe makes so much better beer than the United States and "Budweiser" is because they have thousands of years making beer the US only has 250 or so. The US may catch up at some point but I doubt it because of reasons that FlyboyJ already stated.

syscome3 said:
Budweiser makes billions of dollars in sales cause the consumers know a good beer when they taste it.

Youre all jealous of it!

No, you just know you are wrong and will not admit it.

FlyboyJ said:
NO BUD IN PORTUGAL!

STRASBOURG, France - Anheuser-Busch Ltd. cannot sell beer under the brand name Budweiser in Portugal, the European Court of Human Rights ruled Tuesday in the latest round of a global legal battle between the U.S. beer giant and Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar.

Anheuser-Busch was appealing a 2001 decision by Portugal's Supreme Court, which ruled that Budejovicky Budvar had the right to use the brand name under a 1986 treaty between the Czech Republic and Portugal, which protects registered designations of origin.

Anheuser-Busch argued the decision violated its rights to the "peaceful enjoyment" of the trademark and lodged a complaint with the Strasbourg court. It said the Portuguese ruling infringed Article 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which guarantees individuals and companies protection of property.

Anheuser-Busch first applied to register Budweiser as a trademark in 1981. After a protracted legal battle, during which Portuguese courts first granted the use of Budweiser to the American company then ruled in favor of the Czechs following their appeal, the case was sent to Strasbourg in June 2001.

"While we are disappointed with this ruling, the judgment has no effect on Anheuser-Busch's business in Portugal as our trademark for `Bud' remains valid and unchallenged," Stephen J. Burrows, CEO and president of Anheuser-Busch International Inc., said in a statement Tuesday.

"Anheuser-Busch has made significant investments since 1876 to develop our Budweiser and Bud brand names throughout the world, and we will aggressively protect our famous trademarks from any infringement. We disagree with the ruling and are considering an appeal to the Grand Chamber of Judges in light of the persuasive dissenting opinion issued by two of the court's judges."

The two companies have been battling over Budweiser and other trade names, such as Budvar, for a century. Currently, they are involved in some 40 lawsuits worldwide.

Budejovicky Budvar was founded in 1895 in Ceske Budejovice — called Budweis by the German-speaking people that populated the area at the time. Beer has been brewed there since 1265.

The founders of Anheuser-Busch used the name Budweiser for their product because it was well-known in their German homeland. The St. Louis brewery got its start in 1852. It began producing Budweiser, America's first national beer brand, in 1876.

Since 2001, Budvar has been exporting lager to the Unites States under the name Czechvar

lesofprimus Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, one thing that HASNT been mentioned is all the fine tasty beers coming in from Mexico... Corona is good, but there are many better beers down there...

Dosequis (Doe Sekees) Amber is a GREAT beer.... Modelo is another great beer as well....

Ive heard the whole Fosters/Aussie thing when I was in Austrailia... I thought it was funny as hell...

I would rather drink water or coke before I waste my time, money or taste buds on a Budweiser, let alone a Bud light...

Go Portugal, down with Budweiser! They need to change the name to Piss Wiser and be called the Little Girl of Beers!

Well its true, I mean look at the Class 6 shoppette here on the military post where I work. The only American beer that can sell is Coors and Coors light. Budweiser is only stocked in small amounts while German Beers, Heiniken, and Guiness are constantly selling out. Even the US soldiers including myself over here would rather drink European beer than get a taste of "Back Home with pissy Budweiser".

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Well its true, I mean look at the Class 6 shoppette here on the military post where I work. The only American beer that can sell is Coors and Coors light. Budweiser is only stocked in small amounts while German Beers, Heiniken, and Guiness are constantly selling out. Even the US soldiers including myself over here would rather drink European beer than get a taste of "Back Home with pissy Budweiser".
Agreed. Don't see Budweiser here at all in the pubs and I haven't even noticed it in the shops either :)

There is a reason why. Some people just dont have culture in beer!

Here is some info on some of my favorite German Beer. All of this is taken from the: www.germanbeerinstitute.com

There are actually more than 4 dozen different kinds of German beer and litterally thousands of breweries making there own brands.

Enjoy:

KRISTALLWEIZEN

Pronunciation guide for English-speakers:
"chriss-ull-vit-sssen" (pronounce "ull" as in "lull")

Definition:

Literally "crystal wheat." A Kristallweizen is a filtered pale Weissbier or Hefeweizen, the German wheat ale. It pours "crystal"-clear rather than yeast-turbid. In all other respects, it is not different from an unfiltered wheat beer. It is spritzy-effervescent and refreshing and appealing to the eye. Like its Hefeweizen counterpart, Kristallweizen develops a richly-textured, firm, white head in the glass. Several Weissbier breweries export their Kristallweizen along with their Hefeweizen to the United States.

ALTBIER

AKA:
Alt, Düsseldorfer Alt

"ullt-beer"

Definition:
One of only a handful of traditional German ales. Altbier is Copper-colored, cool-fermented, cold-conditioned, clean-tasting, with an aromatic hop-presence, a firm creamy head, a medium body, and a dry finish. It is indigenous to the Rheinland in the northwestern part of the country. The best known Altbiers come from the Dösseldorf, the capital city of the state of North Rine-Westphalia.

Helles

Hell, Helles Export, Helles Lager(bier), Export Helles, Urhelles, Urtyp-Helles, Edelhelles, Spezial Helles

"hell-us"

Definition:

Hell is the German adjective for "light," while Helles is a noun used in the sense of "a light one." But unlike in North America, this designation refers to color only, not to the beer's caloric or alcoholic strength, which is a substantial 4.7 to 5.4 percent by volume. If there is one beer style that typifies the greatness especially of Bavarian beer-making, it is this straw-blond lager. Depending on the brewery, this beer style issold under various designations on the label. Because the Munich Hellesis historically the first Munich blond lager, it is also sometimes marketed in English-speaking countries under the designation of "Munich Original Lager." You may also encounter it on the shelves under the label of "Munich Light" to appeal to consumers who might not be familiar with the term Helles.

Related beer styles:
Dortmunder, Pils/Pilsner/Pilsener, Radler(mass), Alsterwasser

KÖLSCH

"Cœllsh" (pronounce the "ö" like a French "œ" as in bœuf)

Definition:
One of only a handful of traditional German ales. Kölsch is the local brew of the city of Cologne ("Köln" in German). It is one of the palest German beers made. It is Germany's answer to the British pale ale. It shares a history with the copper-colored Altbier made in Düsseldorf, some 44 km down the Rhine from Cologne. Just as the British pale ale emerged from the British broiwn ale in the 19th century, when pale malt became readily available, so did the Kölsch separate itself from tAltbier around the same time. In 1948, the brewers of Kölsch joined forces in the so-called Kölsch Convention and formalized the Kölsch style in terms of modern brewing specifications. Kölsch, like Altbier, gets its characteristic, slightly fruity flavor from its own special ale yeast, with which the brew is cool-fermented and then aged and mellowed (or "lagered") near the freezing point. Kölsch is always served in a straight-side, narrow, 0.2-liter (6¾ fluid ounces) glass called a Stange ("stick," "pole" or "rod"). Kölsch is available only sporadically in the United States. The two brands that can be found in specialty beer stores in some areas of the coutnry are Reissforf and Gaffel.

PILS

AKA:
Pilsner, Pilsener

"pills"

Definition:
Pils is arguably the most successful beer style in the world. Nine out of ten beers drunk in the worldtoday are made according to the Pilsner style or a style directly derived from it. Pils is a very blond, brillinatly clear, moderately effervensent lager, modeled largely in a beer style invented in 1842 in the Czech city of Pilsen. Pils is often strongly hopped with an assertive up-front bitterness bite. It emerged in the north of Germany. Perhaps the classic representation of the style is Jever Pils, a brew from a small by the same name. Jever Pils is being imported into the United Sates and available in many parts of the country.

Hefeweizen

AKA:
Weissbier, Weizenbier, Weizen, Wheat Ale

"heyh-foh-vy-tzen" (Do NOT pronounce it "Heffea-vizen"!

Definition:
Another name for Weissbier. "Hefe" means yeast, and "Weizen" means wheat, so Hefeweizen is "yeast wheat." Germans prefer to call the brew Weissbier, while Northamericans prefer the term Hefeweizen. The beer is yeast turbid, because it is unfiltered. For more on this style, see Weissbier.

Attachments

• german_beer_191.jpg
    german_beer_191.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 291
Lets have a party Adler D CC can bring the soft drinks and nibbles

Attachments

• british_beer__149.jpg
    british_beer__149.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 457
ariel81 said:
budweiser is like yellow water forme
quilmes,for ever,that's the real thing

the worst ones?the israeli beer,is like orine

One - makabi or goldstar, don't know which one now, wasn't that bad. But when I'm there, I usually buy Heineken.

Adler (and others, of course), if you come ever to Prague, I'll show you some best places with best stuff - even Bill Clinton, Madelein Allbright along with Vaclav Havel and Bohumil Hrabal (Czech novelist) went there. It's a fleasome dirty pub but that's simply the Czech classic. :D

utygra_f1.jpg

Did you just say I could bring ...soft drinks, Lee? What planet are you living on? Since I've managed to spend £60 in one night on booze despite the fact for two hours it was £1.50 for a double vodka and coke. And, I went out saturday and last night ...some minor injuries and a lot of drinking ...I'm not going out again until ...3rd November ...

I am not that much into beer.

I prefer a daily glass of good french, mexican or chilean red wine.

Whenever it comes to beer I like Franziskaner Weissbier. There is a German deli-cold cuts store one block away from my place where you can buy all kinds of German meats and beers:

Fleischkäse, Bauernwurst, Bockwurst, Bratwurst, Jagdwurst, etc, (stuff I hardly get to eat ever, I am a seafood creature). Their stock of German beer is massive.

Franziskaner is very good. I did like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back