What makes up most of your collection?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't really have any idea where to put this, so if a Mod feels it should go somewhere else, by all means!

Everyone has a favorite subject, plane, or era or whatever, so I'm just wondering what makes up most of people's collections? I was looking at the planes I'd built yesterday, and realized something: all but 5 of the models I've built are either Navy/Marines, or are Luftwaffe. I knew I was pretty narrow when it came to that stuff, but I didn't realize I was that bad! :lol:

i'm pretty well balanced it seems, 2 spits, 1 US P-47, IJN Zero, IJAAF Ki-84, FAA Corsair, Bf 109K-4, Ju 88 built.
and to build i've got a P-51 B, P 38 J, Mosquito, D3A1 Val,another Zero, J2M3 Raiden, Hurricane, Bf109 E3, Fw190 A-8 D-9, Lagg 5, Polikarpov I-16 and 2 FAA Hellcats

Last edited:
My main subjects are RNZAF and Luftwaffe '39-45, so the majority fit into these categories.

Most of one type? Focke-Wulf Fw 190/ Ta 152 series (12 or 13 kits I think!), and Spitfires (about 10 or 11)...

Mine are mostly WW2, covering RAF, USAAF and Luftwaffe, all ETO, except a MTO Beau, with one RN Avenger, Far East.
The rest are a couple of jets, from Korea to the late 1980's. Of those built, there are multiples of some types, some in one scale, others in both 1/48th and 1/32nd, with a single 1/24th scale. To be built, there'll be examples in the 56 Sqn builds from World War One to late 1990's.
Additionally, therer are around a dozen 1/35th scale mliitary vehicles/tanks, mostly German, France 1944, and a small number of larger scale 'modern' vehicles.

I understand, up until I started building again when I joined here, of the 40+ models I had built as a lad, they were all either US fighter/bombers or German bombers except for a single British Lysander I had built and I really have no idea why. Really odd actually.

Most of my stuff is German even the WWI stuff. When I have people visit, they sometimes don't understand why - sometimes neither do I. Actually had one person thought I was a Nazi.

Now almost exclusively WW2, mostly fighters, all ETO and all 1/48. I had a huge collection when I was a teen and in my 20's but it all got chucked when I moved house across the country. A few surviving jets exist, like my finished Phantom and unbuilt F-18 and an F-5E which I'm thinking to convert to a CF-5A, if possible. Also somewhere in my crawlspace there are some scratch built tanks I did when I was a kid, a Tamiya Panther and a 88mm Flak gun.

I know I have this in my own thread, but I couldn't resist popping in my tuppence worth. As you can see, all British, though other countries models are on display, but this is the main theme.

How about we see some more pic's guys.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• 56  Brit Collection.JPG
    56 Brit Collection.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Haha, have at least ten models, 99 percent World War II aircraft, 1 percent Cold War. And all of them have gone through some minor or serious damage. After building them. :lol: :lol:

My collection is 99% WWII. I pretty much have one of each type for which I aimed to get, except I have two P-61s, 2 P-38s, and 2 B-24s. Only one built of each of those at this time, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back