What makes up most of your collection?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mostly WWII fighters more P51s than any other type but German 109s 190s are fast catching up, I can't resist a good camo, scheme, hence there are one or two Japanese (NMF with the green mottle,) and the odd Italian in there as well.

Built - 1 P-47N and various Cold War US jets. Waiting - a 1/28 SPAD XIII and 1/32 Spitfire Mk24. On the boards - a 1/48 F-15C and a 1/4 scale SPAD XIII R/C. I'm building the F-15C for a co-worker who crewed one. The SPAD will probably go on display at the hangar I work at. I like them all and as a kid, before leaving the hobby at 18, I'd built pretty much everything in every national inventory in both wars if available. I've also built many of the Williams kits including their WWI engines. It's all fun.

A few of you guys here know where my interests lay, for thoses that don't I reakon these pics will give you some idea!:)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 69
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 65
Mostly WW2 stuff in 1/72 scale in my case. Have few jets though - Mig-21 and Swedish Draken in 1/144 and A-10 in 1/72. One Soviet light tank which my grandfather build for me when I was 12. Few of my oldest models were made some 20 years ago.

Strange! I posted a reply to Andy earlier, and now it's not here! Anyway, nice stuff Andy, like the old Anson.

My kit building mostly has revolved around our Group Builds.... My order of progression is:

#1 1/32 Bf109F-2 of Victor Bauer
#2 1/32 Fw190A-8 of Hans Dortenmann
#3 1/35th Panther Ausf A
#4 1/32 Fw190D-9 of Heinz Sachsenberg
#5 1/48 Bf109G-6 of JG54
#6 1/32 F4U-1A of William Case
#7 1/32 Ju87G-2 of Josef Blumel

Most of mine are German aircraft as u can see, and 1/32nd is my scale...

Attachments

• Mayish 039a.jpg
    Mayish 039a.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Time to expand the collection Dan....

watched the NCAA Memorial Day Lacrosse Championship Final today between Duke and Notre Dame....low scoring affair...goals were hard to come by...with a final score of 6-5 ....

And I don't see no Boomerang in that collection of yours Andy!!:D:D

I'm all over the place: 12 WW2, 8 post-war, 3 WW1. Of these, 10 are 1/48, 12 are 1/72, 1 is 1/144. I don't tend to keep my built models for very long, a couple of years usually. After that, they get sold or given away, so my collection stays around a constant 24-ish.

I don't really have any idea where to put this, so if a Mod feels it should go somewhere else, by all means!

Everyone has a favorite subject, plane, or era or whatever, so I'm just wondering what makes up most of people's collections? I was looking at the planes I'd built yesterday, and realized something: all but 5 of the models I've built are either Navy/Marines, or are Luftwaffe. I knew I was pretty narrow when it came to that stuff, but I didn't realize I was that bad! :lol:

Definatly WWII central theme. Bomber heavy...about even between Luftwaffe and American...on the few fighters I have its mainly Luftwaffe.

As for Armor...welll...DEFINATLY have a few Panthers and Tigers and a single Sherman just so it stands out as odd for being there.

Last edited:
I decided a while ago to stick with one scale throughout, and the outright winner was 1:48.

My 1:48th aircraft collection now includes a P51D, a Spit IX, a Me109G10, a Mosquito B IV and a civilian Piper Cub. Currently under build is a F4U-1A, and a P47N and Beaughfighter are next up.

Completed 1:48th ground forces are a KV-1 Soviet tank, U.S. M10 tank destroyer, M8 Greyhound, M3 'halftrack', Universal 'Bren' carrier, Jeep, staff car, two civilian cars and a Kubelwagen, next up is a M3 Sherman and Opel Blitz.

Waiting in the stash for a change in eras are two 1:48 Korean war jets; F86E and a T-33, also an F4E with decals for Vietnam service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back