What would you like to see on this site?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is there a historical section to OOBs at various times during the war. Should include some of the harder stuff to find, like the OBs of the neutrals and the like. Having an accurate OB for the majors at strategic times, such as just prior to barbarossa, and BoB and the like.

Members could post drafts as editions to the library, but there would need to be an editor, or editorial committee to try and verify the information, or the relative accuracy of the information rated in some way

Here is my suggestion for the board.

How about an Oral History section?

We have a lot of veterans on this board. This would be a place for them to share their stories. It could be divided into times and or conflicts.

Our WWII generation is dying fast. This could be one way for them to share what they lived. And our Korean vets aren't far behind.

I know I have a few to share from my time in the US Air Force and being in the MI Army Guard including serving in Iraq.

That is my two bits American. Thank you for reading.

Bill G.

I agree, good idea Bill. Such accounts (I won't call them 'stories' as that sounds too much like fiction), need to be recounted, first or second hand, before it is, unfortunately, too late, and the details are lost for present and future generations. We all know that some of the 'histories' of the famous 'personalities' of those conflicts have been documented, to a greater or lesser degree, but those of the 'ordinary' service man, or woman, are more often neglected.

There are currently different eras in separate sections, as well as a section for stories. Any one of those could be used for that. The current sections listing is starting to get rather long and I don't know how much more we want to put in there.

whats hard about copying the link of the signature and pasting it between

Users who are viewing this thread

Back