What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Working on a second Phantom FGR.2 (Hasegawa) and Tornado F.3/ADV (Italeri) for the Sqn flight line.

On the shelf to complete the flight line:.
Tornado F.3/ADV by two (Airfix) will be a real challenge!
Bulldog (SMER)
Gauntlet (Aeroclub)
Snipe (Blue Max)
Meteor F.3 (Tamiya), all 1:48 scale.

After that, next year maybe I can start empting the wardrobe!!!!
8)

Attachments

• Phantom 1.JPG
    Phantom 1.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Phantom 2.JPG
    Phantom 2.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 86
  • Phantom 3.JPG
    Phantom 3.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Tornado 3.JPG
    Tornado 3.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Tornado 2.JPG
    Tornado 2.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Tornado 1.JPG
    Tornado 1.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 89
It's not even a workbench... I travel a bit with my job and have taken to hauling the models and all the kit around with me. Where I am tonight I have had to drag everything into the bathroom cos it's the only place with enough light. It's a bit cramped and I have to sit on the loo seat. Do I need help? :rolleyes:

Anyway, two new recruits for my Spit factory, on the left Italeri Mk IX (intended for the full D-Day stripes treatment) and on the right MPM PR Mk XI which will be a USAAF silver Spit:

spits.jpg

Apols for crappy iphone shot.

You dont have a problem.. just a modeling addiction! :lol:

If I was traveling I would probably build flak guns or something, lots of pieces and a lot of it can go together before painting and such. Aircraft has those distinct steps.. But, I would rather build spits then 88's!

If I was traveling I would probably build flak guns or something, lots of pieces and a lot of it can go together before painting and such. Aircraft has those distinct steps.. But, I would rather build spits then 88's!

I have my mobile workbench down to pat... kits in progress travel in plastic food containers... tool box with all the gear... sturdy box (originally contained a shirt) has all my paints and varnishes in it... bottle of Klear, bottle of white spirit.

While I'm finding that each different kit presents its own puzzles to work out I'm somewhere close to working out a "system" for building a Spit. So many different possibilities though. Is there any other 'plane that offers that kind of versatility for the modeller?

I really like those Spits but I have a soft spot for the Phantom. Nice work guys.I'm still working on the Do-17 . The Do-215,Su-27 and the PBJ are comming along and I've started an XP-56. Decals are almost done on the Waco. The wing is the start of a Do-17P-1.
Ed

Attachments

• desk 9309.JPG
    desk 9309.JPG
    495.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Nice work everyone! I have an Academy Opel Blitz.... Picture one is mud made with MIG pigments and 2 is mottling the bed of the truck (My first attempt :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• 102_3934.JPG
    102_3934.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 102_3937.JPG
    102_3937.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 52
Sounds good Vic!

Tony, I haven't seen them in person, but know that Mig productions (owned by Miguel Jimenez of the Tenerife Model club), sell different colour pastels/ powders for mixing to recreate earth, mud, rust, etc on kits.

I placed an order for a bunch yesterday from Creative Models in UK. Very fast service, email to say they were on their way this morning.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back