What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got some decaling done today.. Not a lot between college football and homework but its all cut up to finish tomorrow. The wheel wells were an trial n error with fine mist coats to make surface variation and smudge, looks good to me. Since its on gloss cote I can wipe it off if I dont like it. Im really anxious to see this beauty finished, but no rush!

Attachments

• DSC_0445.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0449.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0450.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0454.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0461.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 57
Thanks all.. got a day of tomorrow and will finish this decal biz. I am officially using micro sol now, I used to use water to set it but I learned.. especially with raised or engraved panel lines. Will have the decals done soon then a flat cote and weathering and all that biz..

Haha, its all good track.. If I can do it anyone can! My panel wash got washed out from the decals, will have to reapply. This is prob the first model I havent had surface crap under the paint.. tip top smooth!

Thanks all

Looking goooood!

Cheers - but just noticed one of the white stripes is too narrow. Aaaargh dammit dammit dammit. Well, looks okay on the top of the wing so I think I'll leave it and put it down to experience. I have been using rattly tins of white and black and unfortunately precision respraying is not an option. The carpet in our hallway is gradually turning "primer grey".

Users who are viewing this thread