What's on The Workbench (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Primer applied to the ISS Enterprise

HPIM1535.jpg

Registry is the term used to denote how well overlying colors on decals are positioned relative to the underlying or adjacent colors. Poorly registered decals have colors out of place - e.g. strips of white in Luftwaffe crosses showing up OUTSIDE of the outer most black bars, or the central dot of an RAF roundrel being "off center". It happens a lot more frequently than you would like, especially in older kits but not only with those. If the decals are REALLY misregistered they end up looking like crap and can ruin the appearance of an otherwise superbly crafted model.

Sorry mate , missed your post

Thanks for the info!

No cooler Phantoms than in RN schemes in my opinion.

Great work CK! 8)

Agree 100%

Still have to install the wing tanks, a couple of doodads and decals, and touch up some paint.

Attachments

• Panther 1.jpg
    Panther 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Panther 2.jpg
    Panther 2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Panther 3.jpg
    Panther 3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
LOL I wish it was better looking.

primary color applied to ISS Enterprise

HPIM1537.jpg

Beaut job on the Panther Tom, it's going to be a cracker when finished.
The ship's coming along nicely there Rob!
Got the so-called 'quick build' almost finished on the Harrier, after a few little gliches here and there. The mis-registered decals have been corrected as far as I was able, by careful retouching with a 000 brush, and the landing gear, underwing orndnance and speed brake are in place, at last! I just have to add the windscreen, canopy, and a few antennae and such like, and touch-up the pilot (if you'll pardon the expression!) and a few other small areas, then it's finish the base and it's done.
The next pics will be in the 'Completed Models' section, and hopefully will show the Harrier in a small corner of the camouflaged hide area near the gate to Airport Camp, Belize City Airport. Thanks again for your interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• Harrier 043.jpg
    Harrier 043.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 69
  • Harrier 044.jpg
    Harrier 044.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Harrier 050.jpg
    Harrier 050.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 71
Thanks very much guys.
Daniel, if you want the 1/48th scale GR3 version, the Airfix kit is now out of production, but King Kit have some - I'm going to do another, properly this time, for the Cold War build (Ihope), but it might not be seen, as it'll be under cam nets in a forest !!

While having a clear up in the back room of my tattoo studio I came across my model collection that I brought back from Germany in 1996 and have decided to get back into the hobby.
I still have to clear out a space in the spare room at home to get a work bench in and sort some tools which will have to be done online as there don't seem to be any model shops local to me anymore and I work six days a week. Tho I may have to give myself the day off for a trip to Plymouth soon.
Here are some of my WIP that I will be continuing with as soon as I get sorted
Aircraft005.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft001.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft003.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft002.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft004.jpg
[/IMG]
This was all going very nicely until the yellow decided to end up everywhere it wasn't needed. So it looks like a total respray for the body and underside and a few touch ups on the wing uppers as well.
Aircraft006.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft007.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft008.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft009.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft010.jpg
[/IMG]
The Jack looks to be complete and apart from a touch up on the underside is ready to be completed though how the decals for these will fare remains to be seen.
Aircraft012.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft013.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft014.jpg
[/IMG]
This also seems to be complete apart from a missing UC leg which may turn up in one of the other boxes if not there are a spare set
Any advice/ comments/info on online suppliers in the UK would be gratefully appreciated

Magnu, great stuff. I want!!! Very nice work!

How are Hasegawa kits? I'd like to try one, but they are a little expensive for me.

I built a Tamiya Raiden a while ago. I really like that little bugger.

tom

Nice stuff there Magnu. The on-line places I use in the UK are Hannant's, possibly the oldest and longest established outlet anywhere - if they ain't got it, it probably doesn't exist! Also, Model Hobbies, good prices mostly, and mainly discounted, with fair shipping rates, and, for hard to find, or out of production kts, mostly at original prices, not 'collector's' prices, there's King Kit. The latter are kits only, not accessories, paints etc.
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back