What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers all, I thought some eagle eyed member would spot the mistake which I noticed when I removed the panel. It has now been corrected along with reattaching the tailplane s. Found another missing part the edge of the radiator scoop, I do however have another example of the kit unbuilt so I should be able to fabricate one using that as a pattern

Glad you can put it right. Don't know if you're interested, but I noticed Hannant's also have a 1/32nd scale canopy for this kit, in Inglewood and Dallas styles, windscreen and separate canopy. Ignore the drawing showing the radio antenna wire - 8th USAAF didn't have it. The Hasegawa canopy is ok, but accentuates that the fuselage is too wide around the cockpit, especially from above.

DOH! Wish I'd seen this before the order went in . I may have to get that as well then but use it for the other kit along with a few more detailing goodies

nice lookin mustang, dude!

well, as much as I wanna start on the American Airlines MD-80 and 737-300, I still have to finish this F-18 and do the F-15.

I've applied the 2 required colors. flat light and dark aircraft grays. i've painted the landing gear, attached the wheels, I don't think there's anything more that needs to be done with this bird. what do you think?
HPIM1575.jpg

HPIM1577.jpg

HPIM1578.jpg

HPIM1579.jpg

I dunno if I'm gonna weather her or not. most likely not cos I'm still not that experienced.

I found the Fightin' Sam service crew lounging on the workbench! :lol::lol:

Primed and ready. I went into the B17 figures and took the ones that had different poses. I found 2 mechanics with wrenches and decided to try my first conversion (Pic 2). For the lovely on the right: I removed the left arm and rotated it so the wrench is on a new angle, I lopped off his head and tried a minimal angle change and flipped the hat backwards, and on the right arm I changed it to be facing more directly out. It took about 5 minutes with a scalpel and some gap filling CA. I just applied extra CA around the new gaps and sanded it smooth to new arms and such. He should look better once he gets some primer, tomorrow..

Still have the Flight crew to attend, which is about 4 more figures. This dio will be active!

Attachments

• PICT1402.JPG
    PICT1402.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT1405.JPG
    PICT1405.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT1399.JPG
    PICT1399.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 97
  • PICT1404.JPG
    PICT1404.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 93
Nice work Mags. Don't forget to remove all the moulding seams, for instance under the arms, around hands and ears etc., otherwise they stick out like a dog's whatsits when painted!

Finished the tractor for the lib.. the lighting does no justice to the surface variations and such but oh well. The driver has no feet because he wouldn't fit in any other way. It shouldn't be too noticeable in the overall dio..

Attachments

• PICT1407.JPG
    PICT1407.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT1406.JPG
    PICT1406.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT1415.JPG
    PICT1415.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back