What's on The Workbench (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice little piper, there!

cockpit windows installed!
003.JPG


first of a couple new pics. here's the semi-finished engines. I still gotta apply flat black to the leading edges of the prop blades. you can see 2 extra additions I made to the engines. the first is a red hose, the second is a gray cylinder. this is based on photos of DC-3 engines. what are the gray cylinder and the red hose?
002.JPG
 
Last edited:
nice little piper, there!

cockpit windows installed!
View attachment 189300

first of a couple new pics. here's the semi-finished engines. I still gotta apply flat black to the leading edges of the prop blades. you can see 2 extra additions I made to the engines. the first is a red hose, the second is a gray cylinder. this is based on photos of DC-3 engines. what are the gray cylinder and the red hose?
View attachment 189301


Rob
I think the grey cylinder is an oil pump and the red hose maybe a Hydraulic line to the Feathering mechanisim, but I'm not a 100pc sure.
 
now I am preparing a vengeance in the RAAF of Special hobbies, a Russian spit lf Ixe matchbox and matchbox Bf109 e4 in libia everything 1 / 72
 
got some inspiration last night, I went ahead and installed the extra struts on the main gear. the pics only show one side of one gear, but I did the extra struts on both sides of both gears. now all that's left to do is the hydraulic wire on both gears, and I think she'll be ready for decaling! I originally was gonna use metal wire for the struts, but after losing a lot of pieces and pricking my finger (now I know how a diabetic feels) I decided it'd be easier with stretched sprue
004.JPG

001.JPG
 
hydraulic line installed on the right main gear...this took me 45 MINUTES to do. pretty painstaking work doing this little detail, but it'll be worth it when it's painted the right way, and the glue dries. this hydraulic line was made with a very fine wire used to make necklaces. special thanks to mom for giving me the metal wire spool. :)

006.JPG
 
well, I had just learned that this hydraulic line applied to both sides of each gear, so I'm still on the right side, just working on the other half. lol
 
some of the white decals applied. the instructions call for white decals to be placed, first before the final color decals. kinda wish it said FLY EASTERN AIR LINES, instead of THE GREAT SILVER FLEET. but this is nice, tho
004.JPG


hydraulic lines installed on both gears
003.JPG


right side
002.JPG
 
not finished yet, but she's VERY close. one little thing happened that I, unfortunately cannot fix at all; one of the passenger window sections came free, and is now rattling around in there. if anyone has any suggestions for better clear part cement, please let me know

001.JPG
 
Wow, she looks great Rob!

Shame about the windows though. I prefer using PVA (white woodworking glue) myself.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back