What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX Gents. :D

Well.. now, the nose compartment is looking like that.

section3.jpg

section2.jpg

section1.jpg

THX. :D Here some more of stuff for the compartment...

1. an instrument panel with headphones.
2. a bomb drop setting control panel.
3. a voltage control panel.

newdetails.jpg

what an improvement my friend, bloody nice work!

How did you make the red lights on the panels - red paint and a coat of clear gloss? They look very effective.

THX Evan. These red lights are a drop of clear gloss varnish mixed with a very small drop of the red colour. Just to give the clear coat the red tinge. But there are discs made of gloss, red, paper and cut out with a hypodermic needle as the base for the lights.

And here the stuff attached to the nose section...

sectionnew.jpg

Also I added a small table at the port wall ...

section3.jpg

Last edited:
THX Gents. :D

Yesterday I started replicating of engines for the B-24J models. The paper kit offers images of the motors only for sticking to the engine nacelles. It is not the best idea. Here a couple of shots of not finished yet , radial Pratt Whitney R-1830 Twin Wasp engine.

The work on them was started with cutting 9mm paper strips and coiling them around a metal stick in order to get the shape similar to cylinders. Then I've made two engine bodies and used the dry fitting to see if all is fine. Here the effect of my effort.

zwij cyl1.jpg

zwijcyl2.jpg

strar1dryfitting.jpg

P&Wdryfitting.jpg

P&Wdryfitting1.jpg

Having it fitted I decided to continue assembling of the engine mockup. I made the cylinders shorter about 4mm and attached to the engine block. Also I added small rings made of copper wire at each cylinder root. Here another part of images.

star1final.jpg

workonstar2.jpg

P&Wfinal1.jpg

P&Wfinal2.jpg

P&Wfinal3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back