What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep Andy seems a few guys on the site are using mind altering and expanding meds :lol: Some fine work Wojtek :thumbright:

some damn fine work on those engines, Woktek!

Welllll, Well, it took about a year, and a LOT of hiatus, but I finally filed the Piper Cherokee's air inlets of the front cowling to their correct shape!!!!!! I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I wasn't getting the right shape on the starboard side. Last night I had the brilliant idea of turning it upside down and acting as if I was filing the port side, and it worked phenomenally well!

10496227_10152975586379045_2279256932149868779_o.jpg

Here's a before pic I found on the internet.
cowling air inlets.png

and here's a pic of the real thing: (not my photo)
Cherokee 140.png

Thank you, Wojtek. I'm so proud of myself! :D now I can finally resume work. I've still got to create the fuel selector valve and the air vent that goes on the pilot's side wall, and the thrust and mixture levers, and I believe I'll be done with the interior :D

Likewise. The only thing that's been on my workbench for the last few months is a layer of dust!
Darned hands won't allow any modelling, and I'm way behind with one commission, and have had to postpone the second, for the Stirling diorama. Hopefully though, I can at least make a little headway with the latter, starting tonight - if the stiffness in my right shoulder, arm and wrist eases off a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back