What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We are our own worst critic.. I think I will finish, then airbrush it a nice shade of wood, then do some washes and dry brushing. Will probably use it on my next base which will be bigger, looks a bit crammed on there. :)

Looks good to me mate, though I'd say a tower of that height would need more cross-bracing to handle strong wind conditions.

KEITH.. :shock: !!! Hope the op goes well mate, sounds like a bloody uncomfortable affliction to have!

thanks A4K

one foot first then the other foot.

Hi Maglar

the problem is the cockpit is to small for me to paint, So i was thinking not to bother painting it and just consentrate on the body ( stippling or whatever its called ):oops: As its just to practice on

Well I dont know how detailed your cockpit is, but for most 1/72's its usually just interior green floor and chair and a black instrument panel (drybrushed silver over the dials). Then gear shift is interior green with a black handle. Now remember, a lot of the cockpit isnt seen, so go easy on it and you should be fine. Like on the P47 the sidewalls are to be painted, but the bubble-top is so small and tight that the inside will barely be seen so you can dodge this. :)

To late:?:

like i said before its just for me to practise my mottling.

I have just finished building it :oops: missed the bomb and the smaller stuff off. i.e. the ariels, and the stuff that is like wire:!:
All the purists out there will be shocked and angry at me but as i have said since the begiing its just for practise

besides my hands are now killing me with pain and they are starting to swell like mad as this model is way to small. Never again will i buy or recive as a gift a 1/72 scale model

Damn keith, first the toes now your hands! I think you will find 1/72 nice if you ever build a bigger plane such as a b17 or something, because 1/48 will throw ya the fits. I don't mind 1/72, yes they are small but you can build more for cheaper. I want to see how your effect worked out, take some pics!

I've got around 5 kits to construct, i'm surprised reading some of the posts in this forum the amount of people that construct more than one model kit at a time.

I'm currently about to start constructing the Revell B-25 J Mitchell in 1/48 scale.

After that i've got four other 48 scale kits waiting in the wings, the A6M5 zero by Tamiya,Tamiya's Bristol Beaufighter MK.VI, Revells Junkers Ju88 C-6 Nightfighter and the one i'm most looking forward to Revell's Heinkel He111 H-4/H-6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back