What's on The Workbench (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not a bad looking bird there!


001.JPG

the 3 itself...peeled off the windows with zero trouble. may have knocked a couple of them loose during previous handling -.-
002.JPG

here's the engines.
003.JPG

aaaand the horizontal stabilizers. maybe tonight after I get off work, I'll put the aluminum on the control surfaces to make them look matte.
 
Nice work there Rob! Looks like you had the same problem as me though, small dust particles in some places. I had to sand these carefully down and respray this morning.
 
thanks guys. I'm not too worried about dust particles. I wish the chrome silver was a little more reflective. but I'll make do with this. it'll look nice, anyways.
 
001.JPG

here's the gooney with the landing gear installed. I let it sit upside down overnight for the glue to dry. and she's standin' tall!
 
OK. It's not a WWll aircraft but it's on my bench and has been in storage for over nine years. Its started out as a favor for a co-worker (who owned a real one) and then promptly moved away.(Over-all white) Then got the bright idea of making it into a what-if U.S. Navy hack in a Ferris Camouflage scheme. The greys started to crack even though the white had been dry for about two years.(Two coats). On Saturday I decided on a what-if scheme for 409 Squadron. Not the right grey(4th and 5th coats), squadron badge too big, and is not quite the same aircraft as used by the C.A.F but it's something different.

008 (2).JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG


Geo
 
Last edited:
That's something different. With the grey colour and low-vis markings looking great. You should think about a counterweight that should sit the "nose" down, George. :thumbright: :thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back