I may as well extrapolate now I have weighed in.
There is no formula for success in the "Industry of human happiness", otherwise known as the Entertainment business. Were it so one could buy it on ebay.
As for the sound of music, not the film, ? Times and sounds, or experiments, come and go from day to day. The sound of abrecording is not the music. The music is what it is. A g is g, regardless of reverb.
So what happens in the studio? Allow me to picture a session I did yesterday.
A young band had won a talent contest. The prize was a recording session in a first class studio. I was hired as a drum tech to supply a vintage kit and first class hand hammered cymbals from Turkey. In reality I was the back up drummer. There to sit in at the last moment to save the session.
The 16 year old drummer was a very nice kid. Things went astray at first and the engineer wanted me to just cut the track. However, I had been in the control room listening to the young bandmates lose confidence in their drummer. Something that was unwarranted, considering the relative skill of the players.
I had a quiet word with the young drummer. Fixed his kit so it sounded great, and he cut the track.
No one knows if this will be a hit. Good luck to them if it is. Ry Cooder did not expect the Buena vista social club to be a hit.
There is no formula. Seriously.