Willi Reschke Letter (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chris,

if you don´t mind I could try to help you. Wanted to send a letter to W.R. last week but hadn´t time yet. Could you please put all the questions on one page and send me a PM?
Am besten im Deutsch:lol: , so I wouldn´t need to translate it:lol:
No, really, English is O.K. for me.
If so, I´d send it out next week and as I get the answer I´ll share it with all...
So...?8)

Ill get you a list of questions.

I never recieved anything back from him. The letter was sent out during the time he had hurt himself so that may have something to do with it.

I am still going to send him a letter myself as well (again) because I really think it would be neat to recieve one from him.

O.K. Chris,
if you could send it today that would be great as I could write this letter during the weekend and send it out on Monday or Tuesday.
I also will ask him if he got your letter.
Thank you Chris, don´t have so much time for collecting all the questions from this thread, my 3 months old daughter is responsible for that8) .
Right now (1:30 am) I´m leaving for the business trip to Ceske Budejovice (budweis). But they have a good beer there, so the target of this mission is clear:lol:

How did I miss this thread???

Adler I hope everything goes well with that letter. Hope he is well enough to respond.

I don't know if you're taking any questions still but I always wanted to know if there was a significant change in management between Galland and Gollob. What are Willi's thoughts?

If this is not possible, this is still an intriquing thread and wait for a reply for you.

Thanks.

Chris,
I just got back from the trip so am waiting for the questions. Send me either pm or put it a message to this thread and I´m gonna pick it up tomorrow and try to write this letter asap. Still missin´a time man...
Njaco, your question will be included.

Thanks Seesul and Adler.

I just got to my PC for few minutes... You´re welcome Njaco. Hope Chris will post all the questions today or tomorrow so I can translate and send it during this weekend yet. Don´t have enough time during the week...But I think Chris drinks a beer in some pub now. I´d do the same if I hadn´t a new born baby inda house:)
btw W.R. celebrated his 86th birthday last Sunday...

here are the questions chris sent me:
"What is your opinion on the state of the Luftwaffe in late 1944 to the end of the war?"

"What was it like to be a Luftwaffe pilot from late 1944 to 1945?"

"What were your thoughts during those last months of the war?"

"Was all hope lost or did you have a feeling the Luftwaffe could turn the war around from mid 1944?"

"How did the Bf 109G and later Bf 109K compare to the P-51D Mustang in combat?"

"How did the Fw 190A compare to the P-51D Mustang in combat?"

"How did the Fw 190D (Dora) compare to the P-51D in combat?"

"The Bf 109G/K, Fw 190A, Fw 190D against other allied aircraft such as the Spitfire?"

"How did the Ta 152H compare to other allied aircraft in combat?"

"How many Ta 152Hs were in active units when the war ended?"

"How difficult was the transition from the Fw 190 to the Ta 152?"

"What was the state of the moral in the Luftwaffe in 1945?"

"What was your opinion of the Me 262 and other "Wonder" aircraft?

"What was your favorite aircraft to fly?"

"What were his personal experiences with the Ta 152? His personal feelings about the aircraft"

"Was the Ta 152 a solid built aircraft?'

"Does he feel that the Luftwaffe would have benefited from a G-Suit?"

Gonna send it out tomorrow and let you know as soon as i get the answer.

Chris, you don´t need to aologize:thumbup:

O.K. Few minutes ago I got an letter from W.R.
Think you expected detailed answer but here´s what I got:

'' I got 20 questions and have to ask myself if there´s a sence to answer them...The facts are clear-Germany lost the WW2 and we would never win even if we had 1000 Ta152´s available...Only an idiot can lead the war against the half of the world...Ta152 was my life insurance and helped me to survive the war...but there were a lots of people they weren´t so lucky like me''.

I understand W.R. completely. But would it be possible to ask him wether he could answer the questions one by one? He can take all the time he needs.

Thank W.R. for his answers and wish him the best from me Seesul :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back