Worlds Greatest Percussionist/Drummer....

Worlds Greatest Percussionist / Drummer....

  • Jimmy Chamberlain (Smashing Pumpkins)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim Alexander (Primus)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny Carey (Tool)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Osbourne)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Van Halen (Van Halen)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave Grohl (Nirvana)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Kontos (Machine Head)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greg Bissonette (Joe Satriani)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Fishman (Phish)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phil Rudd (AC/DC)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clive Bunker (Jethro Tull)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keith Moon (The Who)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ian Paice (Deep Purple)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ginger Baker (Cream)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hal Blaine (Session man)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Mitchell

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ringo Star

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    39
It is a good show if you have not seen them. I would rank them live up there with Metallica.
 
This is the list I´ve found on Internet:
1.Neil Part(Rush)
2.Ian Paice(Deep Purple,Whitesnake)
3.Dave Lombardo(Slyer)
4.Reed ST. Mark(Celtic Frost)
5.John Bonham(Led Zepelin)
6.Vinnie Appice(Black Sabbath,Dio)
7.Matt Cameron(Soundgarden)
8.Bill Ward(Black Sabbath)
9.Dale Clover(The Malvins)
10.Tommy Lee(Mötlye Crüe)

But my vote goes for Rick Allen, one-handed drummer from Def Leppard:thumbright:
 
yip I saw on the Wacken website that Mainden is playing, would love to see them. Have you ever seen Stratovarius live? now there is brilliant drums, guitar and bass \m/

Yes I have seen Stratovarius at the Longhorn in Stuttgart. It was a pretty good show.
 
This is the list I´ve found on Internet:
1.Neil Part(Rush)

Agreed at number one in my opinion.

seesul said:
3.Dave Lombardo(Slayer)

This man is a killer Drummer. I have seen Slayer several times and when it comes to the double bass this man is a genius. My heart almost jumped out of my chest the last time I saw them back in June at Rock im Park 2007.
 
Because you are not Niel Peart, Lars Ulrich, Dave Lombardo, John Bonham, Mike Portnoy, etc....

:lol:
 
I'm obviously not dead and Jerry Allison taught me to play drums.
Turns out I really enjoy it, so I hung up the axe.

You guys are so oblivious. :rolleyes:

...and as for the, "Because you are not Niel Peart, Lars Ulrich, Dave Lombardo, John Bonham, Mike Portnoy, etc...." comment, I would like to think I play with a little taste.

Anyway, I don't aspire to be a copycat. I aspire to be a musician.




Elvis
 
...by the way, has anyone noticed that Gene Krupa's name is misspelled?


Elvis
 
Dafnis Prieto.

I have met him and heard him, and (almost) played with him. He is a semi-jazz-soloist and dosent uses bands to support him.
 
Very cool, individual.

dafnisprieto2.jpg


...and I want his girlfriend. ;)



Elvis
 
On another thread here i mentioned a remarkable British band named Porcupine Tree i discovered a few months ago.

Meet Gavin Harrison, Porcupine´s drummer/percussionist...top class. A drummer of the very highest quality and skill. One of the very best in the present-day world.

The song he´s drumming for in the studio (Futile) is from the band. Pay attention to how he handles the double pedal.

Check him out:


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsHyGbadzQQ

P.S. The other videos available there titled "Gavin Harrison" as well do not show Gavin playing; have no idea who those other drummers are. "Futile" shows Gavin himself.
 
What?!?!?!?!?!? Bonham in second place?!?!?!?!?!?! I love Rush as much as the next guy (seen them three times in concert, pre-Presto), but Bonham was uncanny; if there was ever such thing as a natural-born drummer, he was it. His timing was perfect; 30 years later, he still amazes me. Listen to When The Levee Breaks , or Black Dog.
 
...also, a bootie from a concert they did at Gonzaga University (which I believe is a Christian school :eek: ) in '68.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d-RZFxwcX0



Elvis
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back