Worlds Greatest Rock Roll Band...

Worlds Greatest Rock Roll Band...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beatles weren;t as 'hardcore' because they werent a hard rock band.....

However listen to Helter Skelter off the white album a definite sign of things to come.

I thought the Beatles were a given here? The best band AFTER the Beatles:confused:

Its a Long Way to the Top If You Wanna Rock -n-Roll!

Best song to blast on a summer day with the top down and the doors off!

Personally reckon that Stones and Cream are the real origins. Dont get me wrong the BEatles had some quite heavy tracks for their time. I have the entire catalogue pretty much so Im fan:D

I don't have to. There's plenty of other bands that have created a new style, and had no one before them.

I took "Rock and Roll in popular culture" class in college and our text book said that Montrose (Sammy Haggar's start) was the first true hard rock band.

It certainly is age related I liked Black Sabbath but when Ozzy split general consensus thought he became bubble gum . I think as electronics evolved and and synsthysers improved it certainly changed music . Does anybody remember the Moog it cost huge dollars upwards of $50k in 1968 and now you are able to buy the equivalant thing for fractions .

I took "Rock and Roll in popular culture" class in college and our text book said that Montrose (Sammy Haggar's start) was the first true hard rock band.

Not the greatest band, but god**** did I wear that record out! I think I've bought that album (records/CDs) probably 4 or 5 times.

The Rock n Roll and music died with Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens....end of story. The best bands lived and died in the 50's and 60's.
To be honest fellow forum travellers, people today are too lazy to write their own stuff, don't you think? I mean, how many times to hear a new boyband, girlband or group coming out and the first that you hear is a cover of an old song... Have they run out of imagination? :rolleyes: :lol:
Just being a wee bit grumpy :lol: I need my sugar fix....:lol: :lol:

Rock has not died my friend, and the real great bands today still write there own music.

I think you need to get out of the 50s and 60s and move on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back