Worlds Greatest Rock Roll Band...

Worlds Greatest Rock Roll Band...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know what you mean O' Enlighted One....:lol: I listen to ALL kind of music, believe you me. I like some Ennio Morricone and his film music :shock: ! But I like Rockabilly and the stuff best. Look at it this way, Buddy Holly and the Crickets inspired The Beatles that inspired..... How many bands today can honestly say that they haven't been inspired by someone from the golden era of music? I also have soft spot for The Ventures, The Shadows, Dick Dale end the likes....

Not to worry matey, not to worry.:D It's all good. 8) But I have to admit that there are some kind of music that I'll never understand, won't mention it here though. :lol: :lol:

I dont understand anything that is of the Hip Hop, Rap, and R&B genre. Oldschool R&B from the 70s and 80s was okay but still dont really care to listen to it.

The Beatles got their inspiration from Buddy Holly and his band.... Without them we'd never had The Beatles.... :( :shock:
And the Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Chuck Berry and Elvis - they took it to the next level and provided the "path" to all other bands on this poll.

Likewise O' Enlighted One.... But, what about death metal? What the (censored) is that all about? They sound more less like they burp in mike. :| :lol: :rolleyes:

Death Metal certainly is not my favorite kind of metal but I dont mind it either. Id choose classic metal, thrash, speed, and any other kind of metal over Death any day. The greats such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Black Sabbath, Ozzy will allways be immortalized as the greatest and that is the sound that I like the best.

Have to say i could not cast a vote here because i do not listen any of the bands listed; even worse, i do not think i have heard any songs from some of those.

Seeing Kiss on the list is that i have some comments to share here. I recall the very first time i saw a poster of them was in London, at the house of a close friend of my mother; i was a little boy and this happened in 1990 or 1991.

The poster showed the band with all that make up and clothing...Gene Simmons covered in blood, a real large tongue "hanging" from his mouth...i was afraid. :lol:

Several years passed until i finally got to hear music that i learned came from the "horrfying" band i had seen on that poster. Kiss definetly puzzles me...the music is so "poppy".

My question to the elder members here would be: was Kiss´music considered "hard" or "aggressive" by the standards of the time when they wore that type of clothing and make up during the 70s?

Go take a closer look at Gene Simmons acting "The Demon" on stage; strictly the looks, he could have joined any of those death/black metal bands we can get to hear today, but add Kiss music and you say "huh? what on earth..."

A radical view: think of that abomination Shakira, singing the music she sings, wearing goth fashioned clothing, dark purple lipstick, black nails, drenched in blood, while dancing in a cemetery...:lol:

Have to admit i liked the make up of both Ace Frehley and Peter Criss very much though; Frehley looked particularly cool in my view.

From some one who is now 54 when Kiss came out it was just the little kids listened to it . Now I have a comment The Ramones ? spare me jesus how'd they make it on the list

I listened to Kiss and supported their rather lavish retirement. I never thought they were hard metal. They were a mediocre band, with great stage theatrics and above average melody writers. Their music was simple minded and easily learned. While certainly not the best band ever, they made their contributions in ways that transcended just music. They were an act. And for that alone they deserve praise.

Watch this video of a concert of Kiss in Australia last year. The show included a symphony orchestra featuring Kiss make up on all its musicians -conductor included-. Now that is what you can certainly call an act right Matt? :D

My mother listens to Kiss, she is some 10 years younger than the bandmates, and -female viewpoint- says that something "very cool" about these guys is the fact they remain slim taking into account they are all into their 50s.

Must admit they sound pretty cool there, with the necessary clarification Peter Criss -now being old- plays the very same ultra basic drums; no doubt "The Fox" was a far better drummer. (Ah, "The Fox" make up was awesome) and Ace Frehley continues looking cool.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7fxN3g5sLw

Going off-topic now:D

Lucky interesting, but how exactly is it? You are listening to that band in your room and then she comes around telling you "hey, i like that band", or do you mean she has her own Gunsnroses CDs?

In the case of my mother (she is 42) she has her very own CD collection; i believe she has absolutely all KISS albums of the original make-up/costume era most of those being vinyls.

Also my mother is well into those USA funk, soul, disco bands and musicians of the 70s...Earth, Wind Fire (i tell you i like "September" very very much), The Commodores, Barry White, etc...ah Fleetwood Mac is another one of her favorites, a different style of course.

My father ain´t precisely a rocker, his favorite artist is Igor Talkov, a legend in Russia´s music; although not my style, several of his songs could well be classified as being "rock"; i like his music, but i do not enjoy watching his videos though, he had very sad eyes.

What about your mother Adler?

Going off-topic now:D

Lucky interesting, but how exactly is it? You are listening to that band in your room and then she comes around telling you "hey, i like that band", or do you mean she has her own Gunsnroses CDs?

In the case of my mother (she is 42) she has her very own CD collection; i believe she has absolutely all KISS albums of the original make-up/costume era most of those being vinyls.

Also my mother is well into those USA funk, soul, disco bands and musicians of the 70s...Earth, Wind Fire (i tell you i like "September" very very much), The Commodores, Barry White, etc...ah Fleetwood Mac is another one of her favorites, a different style of course.

My father ain´t precisely a rocker, his favorite artist is Igor Talkov, a legend in Russia´s music; although not my style, several of his songs could well be classified as being "rock"; i like his music, but i do not enjoy watching his videos though, he had very sad eyes.

What about your mother Adler?

No she just liked the song November Rain and decided to go to the show to see the song played. She had a good time, my mom is very crazy and likes all sort of things and fits well in with the younger people.

Now having said that my mom is going to be turning 60 this year. She has allways supported me in my intrestes in Heavy Metal. My father is more conservative and listens to Country and German Folk Music. He never wanted me to get piercings or grow my hair out.

My mother told him to can it. She took me to get my ear pierced the first time when I was a child and she let me grow my hair out.

She is not a Heavy Metal fan but loves old Classic Hard Rock such as Kiss, Queen, etc.. which is cool because I love those bands as well.

Sounds like my mother to a degree!

She is now a minor fan of Metallica, Enter sandman being her favourite song.

She insisted that this be burnt on cd so she can listen on the way home from work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back