Wright Cyclone R-3350 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again, guys.

Gears.
Gears.JPG

Bell gear, propeller shat and planetary gears.
Propeller shaft and planetary gears are combined to rotate together.
Reduction_gear_01.JPG

And with sun gear.
Splines for the crank shaft can be seen.
Reduction_gear_02.JPG

As a 72 year-old person learning computer rendering person, I simply don't know where to begin in describing how beautiful your work is. What software are you using? And what is the equipment on which your using it. To generate all those rendered images must take a long time unless you have some seriously powerful imaging equipment. Stunning, beautiful work! Now all we have to do is get it all 3D printed and we'd have a scale model working 3350. That would very cool.

Hello Builder 2010 and Thanks for the compliment very much !
It is great to challenge the computer rendering over 70 if you have started it lately.
Please let me pay respects to your ageless spirit.

My software is SHADE ver. 6 (and 15) - a Japanese product.
This can be operated by an ordinary HP Compaq PC (other PCs are OK too, of course) but sometimes frozen when the data volume for rendering exceeds 500MB at a time. This is my headache as one project needs data volume up to 1GB and I have to divide a rendering job into several times. I had no problem in the time of Windows 98 though it took a week to finish a rendering.

I am not thinking the 3D printing at the moment but, yes, interested in it.

Carburator01image01R.JPG

Thanks Geo.
There are no borders for the beautiful products and I always find myself a novice in front of them.

Sun_gear_13.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back