Your best picture (2014) of the year

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a cool choice, Terry. I looked at my year over year shot counts and 2014 was my biggest year yet with photography. My total count was 63,792. About 16,000 of them were in my week at Oshkosh, which is 25% more than I shot last year at Oshkosh. It's been a heck of a first 9 years in the photography business. November of this year (2015) will mark my 10th year! I owe a lot to the members of the forum here who encouraged me to stay at it and chase that dream.

Heck, Eric, 60,000 shots in a year - that's a lot of time behind the camera !

I couldn't choose anything, as I don't really have a favourite shot - what's exciting to me could be mundane to others.
So I chose this one, taken at the closing of the village pub last Saturday night, and an appropriate image with which to see in the New Year.

I'd been taking some exterior shots, and had left my drink on the table outside the pub. It had frozen to the surface, and the moisture around the glass was just starting to freeze. I liked the way the lights from the Christmas tree reflected in the ice. Hand held, available light, with the little Fuji bridge camera, as the battery had just died on the Nikon.

Got some great shots with cool stories guys, keep 'em coming !.

Its a bit of a no-brainer for me this one as for the second year I managed to grab another 25 mins in the right seat of 'Witchcraft', courtesy of Jim and the crew. I look at this piccie...and the countless others I have...and I have to pinch myself to realise that I wasn't dreaming !, I did actually manage to trundle along at the designated height and heading without any problems in the ONLY airworthy B-24J flying in the World...and yes, that grin is a permanent fixture !.

The appreciation and respect I have for the crews from all sides in the Last Big One going about their work in their respective 'Planes, is unshakeable !

DSCF4781.jpg

There's some really great photos here!

I've thought quite a bit about all the photos I've taken in 2014, and there were quite a few!

I could post a shot of the Lunar Eclipse, or sunsets, sunrises, aircraft and such, but none would be more memorable to me than a photo of the three tiny kittens I rescued last July.

It's a simple photo, taken with my Kodak point-n-shoot.

100_1090[720x540].jpg

Got some great shots with cool stories guys, keep 'em coming !.

Its a bit of a no-brainer for me this one as for the second year I managed to grab another 25 mins in the right seat of 'Witchcraft', courtesy of Jim and the crew. I look at this piccie...and the countless others I have...and I have to pinch myself to realise that I wasn't dreaming !, I did actually manage to trundle along at the designated height and heading without any problems in the ONLY airworthy B-24J flying in the World...and yes, that grin is a permanent fixture !.

The appreciation and respect I have for the crews from all sides in the Last Big One going about their work in their respective 'Planes, is unshakeable !

View attachment 280982

Good things happen to good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back