Your internet connection speed and cost

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Sorry if I´m too curious but I wanted to know what´s the speed/cost ratio of the internet connection around the globe...

Perhabs mine actual connection speed is:
2 Mb/s download
256 kb/s upload
and I pay around 25 dollars monthly.
In 2 months my internet provider will increase the connection speed to:
10 Mb/s download
1 Mb/s upload
and will charge me 13 dollars monthly only...

For those who don´t know their internet connection speed- click here Internet Speed Test

Mine is free. With TalkTalk.

Speed is 1.5 Mbps. Should be more but my phoneline layout is poor.

Mine is mobile Broadband, from my mobile phone (cell 'phone) provider, which doesn't need cable or a 'phone line. Speed at the moment is 7.5 Mbps, with unlimited time/downloads, and it costs me £15 per month. I can also have access on my 'phone with this service.

I have DSL...

• Incoming: 1536 kbps
• Outgoing: 384 kbps

It's $19.95 a month, but there's Federal tax and all that garbage piled on top of it...

Ends up being somewhere in the neighborhood of $280 dollars a year...

I have DSL. Not sure what my speed is. It is very fast though. I click on a page and it loads immediately.

I pay 29 Euros a month flat rate with flat rate phone service as well.

pretty quick Chris mine is sitting at 1110kbps when the cybersphere does not interfere with it, though we have two PC's off the same router system

I got ATT Uverse a couple of years ago and it rocks. I have a bundled service with internet, cable TV and phone all together for about $200/month with all of the premium channels. My speed is 12Mb/sec download and 1.5Mb/sec upload. It's fiber to the box near my house, then coax in, so the signal is clear and really fast. We've had three netflix streams going along with e-mail and uploads and it doesn't seem to slow down.

I did the test you provided through your link on previous page Roman. Results are: 1,7Mb/s download and 344 kb/s upload. It's through cable. I pay 1400 dinars monthly which is approximately some 14 euros for internet and 1000dinars/10 euros for cable TV.

Last edited:
I just did the test too. I have fiber optic cable. Upload was 2264 Kbs and Download was 2692.4 Kbs.
My internet is bundled with my TV service (3 TV's and 4 computers through a router). I pay $89.95
(us) a month for the bundle.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back