Your Wild Life Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting....found this in Birding in BC Community • View topic - Eurasian Collared Doves in BC?

"I should also add that hybrids with Ringed Turtle-Doves, or Eurasian Collared-Doves displaying some traits of Ringed Turtle-Doves, are also being seen all over BC as well. This is due to avicultarists mixing them intentionally to increase breeding success, and then losing the birds."

Last edited:
Geo, you're more than likely correct, that neck "ring" could just be a trick of the lighting. Not easy to shoot against a lighter background.
There are several of them around here, though mostly I hear them in the evening. Good eating but not much there once all the feathers are off

Pair of silly Mallards looking for a place to nest. Problem is that the nearest water is 2km east
or south of here. With all the traffic, cats, Crows and Magpies, ducklings would not survive the trek.
Back in Calgary we had Canada Geese nest on our offices 2nd and 3rd floor patios with
3ft. concrete walls. Had to get Fish and Wildlife save the youngsters!

Attachments

• Silly ducks.jpg
    Silly ducks.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 60
That's not your bird Geo: Distinct black mark on neck. No black spots on body as the Mourning Dove has. Tail though appears to be the same, i.e., black collar with white border. Maybe it will return and you can get a better shot
EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE
Eurasian_Collared-Dove_d16-17-010_l_1.jpg

Darn Magpies are bring their youngsters around lately and it's pretty noisy. Now for my neighborhood Jackrabbit. She's very tolerant of me.

Attachments

• Jackrabbit 1.jpg
    Jackrabbit 1.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Jackrabbit 2.jpg
    Jackrabbit 2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Jackrabbit 3.jpg
    Jackrabbit 3.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Jackrabbit 4.jpg
    Jackrabbit 4.jpg