Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gentlemen. Last day here, this little guy pops in. I don't know if the owners have intentionally left the bottom of the screened window undone but the squirrel seems to have no problem finding his way in and out.

upload_2018-4-15_8-55-48.png

Very nice pics... one more thing to thank Canada for: Scheiße durch eine Gans! A Kilo per day per adult goose. Most of these geese have forgotten that they're CANADIAN and with all the industrial water conservation ponds open all winter millions of these geese have made the USA their permanent home. When I worked at Fermilab years ago the accelerator ring cooling ponds were home to thousands of them. Cars were actually sliding on the roads and walking on the sidewalks near impossible
Goose-poop-on-a-sidewalk.jpg

BUT we here in the US have a solution to the problem...
WrZMOrx.jpg

Very nice pics... one more thing to thank Canada for: Scheiße durch eine Gans! A Kilo per day per adult goose. Most of these geese have forgotten that they're CANADIAN and with all the industrial water conservation ponds open all winter millions of these geese have made the USA their permanent home. When I worked at Fermilab years ago the accelerator ring cooling ponds were home to thousands of them. Cars were actually sliding on the roads and walking on the sidewalks near impossible
View attachment 489871

BUT we here in the US have a solution to the problem...
View attachment 489872
We need more Baldies, friggin geese are all over the place here in Colorado.

It's the open water industrial ponds. Since the EPA put restrictions on waste water discharge many industrial firms constructed holding ponds. In general due to warm water discharge these do not freeze in the winter and grow algae beautifully.
We get a few here but not many and a .17 works beautifully controlling them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back