Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, this was an interesting Thanksgiving...I had a visit by a small group of wild Turkeys, which is pretty rare at my place.
This area has large groups of turkeys roaming about, but to be this far into downtown leads me to suspect that forage is a little scarce due to the fires.

Anyway, here they are - and that '66 Mustang is mine, by the way. Yeah, sure, climb aboard, poop all over it like ya' own it...ya' bastards

Good shots Dave. The 65-66 Mustang Coupes are the only models that should be allowed on the road
I actually haven't done anything with my 'Stang in years - I was going to put a Chevy L79 327 into it, but the two friends who were going to help passed away, one of which, was a member here on the forum (Redbeard).
So here it sits, languishing, much like myself...
You know a .22cal pellet gun with a suppressor barrel is almost noiseless and with a telescopic sight means a headless birdie AND a free turkey dinner (if you don't mind all the feather plucking or just skin-out the breast)
Hey, I loved my Fastback
lol Mike...first of all, shooting birds is way too much work for me these days...and I could have popped one of those hens with my H&R .22 "Marshall" 9-shot revolver with a .22 Short and no one would have been the wiser. These birds were less than 30 feet from me.
But again, the plucking, gutting and cleaning out is beyond my tolerance these days. The supermarket has all the tasty Turkey products right there on the shelf any time I want

And to be honest, I like the notch-backs better than the fast-backs.

Oh...and I suppose I forgot to mention that the Mustang sits out in the parking spot, but my '62 Chevy Nova 400 is in the garage!

the plucking, gutting and cleaning out is beyond my tolerance
That makes three of us. However my young (30) cousin-in-law informs me that all you have to do is, in effect, skin the bird and remove the breast leaving all the rest. I've not tried it but I WELL REMEMBER the boiling, plucking, and removing those #$%@#* pin-feathers on the pheasants we shot, then crunching down on the occasional bird-shot during dinner.
There are wild Turks around here but they are few and far between and from what I hear very difficult to hunt. I'm satisfied with my nice fat doe every fall that obligingly walks across my target range in the AM while I sit on the deck having coffee. I've even stopped skinning. The local meat plant does that and keeps the hide as part payment. They butcher, package, and freeze and I get about 90% of the carcass.
The PIAs around here are the vultures. Being a protected species there is not much you can do. There were so many roosting along the dam that it was difficult to get across without hitting one. They even tried a noise-cannon that went off at various times and pointed spikes on every horizontal surface, all to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread