Zaggs Ta 152H-0 - St./JG 301 'Orange' - and his attempts to keep things OOTB!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've taken the wings REALLY slowly, but finally this evening the last of the seams were butted up and glued - I'm trying this Plastruct Weldene solvent; its REALLY thin, so as soon as it hits a seam capilary action just sucks it most of the way down the join. It does have draw-backs, but for those long seams that you want to take you time with or butt-join, this stuff seems cool. But yeah, wings are together, engine bay is done, wheel wells are done (including lined with alloy decals) bar two small reinforcing bars, which will be added later... :)

Will start to sort these wing joins out over the weekend...

D

When there's something to show worth showing! :) Must just double check if the Ta 152H-0 had de-icing capabilities and work out if the formation light wiring ran through the front of the wheel wells... I've been busy doing decals for Wayne!!!

Its ok... Wanye doesnt know yet that his decals will cost him a Trimaster Ta 152H-1 kit - so its worth the effort! hahahaha ;) Going to work on your 330204 WNr's shortly too, once I get things on this Eduard D-11 to a point. I couldnt help starting it! Not sure if its a case of me not liking the engineering (lots of flash and EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE DONE before the fuselage halves can be buttoned up) or just being used to DML/Dragon way of things, but it definately goes together a bit differently to anything else I've built! And as for it being the 'Weekend Edition', I dare ANYONE to get this thing looking halfway decent in a Weekend! :)

Define Cheap Lucky??? I'm interested in maybe getting a 1/32 or 1/24 D-9, so I can spend a YEAR super detailing the thing beyond rationality - then a ZM Ta 152H :)... The reason I have SOOOO Many Eduard D-9/D-11's is purely because I can get them so cheap! I'm buying 4-5 at a time from Europe and getting them for about Au$25 each - latest order was 1x JV44 Combo and 1x D-9 Profipack (for my JV44 at once project) and 2x D-9 Late Profipack. SLIGHTLY cheaper than I can buy Dragon D-9's from China on eBay - plus in the eduard kits you get the engine, separate control surfaces, all the PE and Masks, better decals, etc!

But yeah, I assume you're talking the Hasegawa 1/32 D-9???

At the moment the Hasegawa 1/32 D-9 (ST19) is at 32 quid, before going up to 52! :shock:

Edit: I'm toying with the idea, of getting the full resin set from Aires for one D-9, cockpit, wheel wells, engine....! :oops:

Last edited:
Its ok... Wanye doesnt know yet that his decals will cost him a Trimaster Ta 152H-1 kit - so its worth the effort! hahahaha

Thats putting it to the ole man :lol: It's all looking good Dan interested in how the alloy markings in the wing look myself.I have only seen them used one other time and that was a 1/32 Salamander.8) Cheers Kevin

@Lucky - may I ask where said D-9's are available from? :) Pretty please!

@Javlin - damn right, got to stick it to him... ;) Keep him on his toes... hahahahaa. I must admit, I wasnt entirely convinced about the alloy markings at first, til after I matte-coated and weathered the gear bays... Will post a pic of the result tonight, I guess... need to finish up some of the other alloy codes; I finally saw pictures of the little Hoheitzeichen alloy stamp used on the gun bay walls of a Me262. And considering there is one of those planned in the future, I may as well knock that design up too! I have some 1/32nd codes in red, finished for Wayne too - maybe I should make all this stuff in 1/32nd then scale down for 1/48th. At this point, everything I have done has been in 1/48...

As for a/c, well since I have started looking, I have seen them internally on Fw 190's (mostly D's), Me 262's and Ta 152's. Supposedly they're present on Bf 109's, He 219's and basically everything else, but I haven't investigated that too deeply. And I have yet to see these codes EXTERNALLY, despite reading about them supposedly being seen on the bare metal undersides of Fw 190's and Bf 109's...

H-0_016.jpg
H-0_017.jpg

Thats whats the wheel wells, with alloy codes look like ATM... Needs some dry brushing and more washes, but you get the idea...

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back