Zaggs Ta 152H-0 - St./JG 301 'Orange' - and his attempts to keep things OOTB!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1382397736222.jpg

Dust is accurate! She sits on the Shelf of Doom, because one of the wings warped when I was gluing it up.

But I am working on building again, so she does stand a chance after the brace of Bf 109G-10's and the Lippisch P.13a. I've also been inspired to dust of the 'ready for paint' Ta 183 and the half painted Fw 190D-15 prototype...

But I do have a very pretty AMK MiG-31 and Wolfpack T-38A, which are both tempting me also!

Dan

Just arrived, my Dora 9, Black 10, W.Nr. 500613, from II./JG26....
By the look of things, she (much like my JV44, Red 13) might have had two different styles on her 'Black 10'!

IMG_20170519_104855.jpg

IMG_20170519_104918.jpg

IMG_20170519_104942.jpg

hahaha, the Ta remains on the shelf-of-doom... Next to the bottle of paint all mixed up for it. I've been distracted by Bf 109G-10's, work (more and more work here teaching at uni) and odd jobs (like replacing Cisterns and Taps).

I fully intend to get back to it... And of course, since this thread was started, there's another 20 Ta 152's in the collection - including half a dozen of the EXQUISITE Zoukei Mura 1/48 kits... Though I have resisted cracking one open, till I get some stuff finished.

D

Don't get ahead of yourselves, lads ;) Just means I can 'see the light' at the end of the tunnel, and hope to have some time soon... I do however also have a big new 3D printer to play with; and I really want to have a crack at one of the new Eduard Bf 109's... But I am also being sent some Sci-Fi Resin to build for a buddy who is starting a resin company... And I have all the bits for a nice Spitfire PR XIX (Airfix kit) too - that's my "Why don't you try with something different?" project....

D

Was supposed to finish up some work tonight - I didn't. Instead I chipped away at the Bf 109G-10/U2, G-10/U4 and Lippisch P.13a.

The P.13a got some primer to check seams.

The G-10/U4 mods are done, so just need to tidy up some panel lines...

The G-10/U2 is getting there - major mods are done, but little things to do still (and figure out if I use the big or small wing bulges); then cockpit and wings.

Both need minor work on the fin, as the Fujimi kit with the tall tail always looks a bit bent to port when in place.

The Ta 152H sits on the shelf still tho...

D

Yes and No...

Yes in that I know the little fixes and re-engraving that needs to be done (and I need to fix the wing roots, where I got too aggressive with the file), and I just don't want to do that yet - basically, fix up something I managed to screw up.

No in that I'm making good (albeit slow) progress with the Bf 109G-10/U2 and Bf 109G-10/U4 (just need to confirm the schemes and work out which overwing bulges I need - I already have a set done for the U4 that have the small bulges, but now I am finding references that suggest all U4's had big bulges, and the U2 was the one that could have had either, so there maybe a wing swap up ahead!).

:)

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back