1/24 Airfix Fw 190 a?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the explanation Dan. I wouldn't worry too much about slight inaccuracies - once the fuselage is joined, the view into the 'pit will be a bit restricted. The main thing is, it'll look the part, rather than looking 'off' due to omissions. Nice work so far BTW.

Progress;

All day to work this up. Scratched up a gun sight and had to cobble together the IP as it comes as two separate parts.

IPpainted02.jpg

IPpainted01.jpg

More work to do on it and I have to try and shoehorn it into the fuselage. But that's a job for tomorrow.

A big thanks to LSPKev for the Airscale IP decals, Thanks mate.

Dan

ARRRRRRRRRGH!

Two hours this morning trying to get the IP into the cockpit. It's in but I had to cop off the IP shroud to get it in. Also the top bit of the IP just doesn't fit right.

I think I needed to hack off a bit more from the top IP to snug it into the shroud. As it sits now it blanks off the lower IP.

I don't know why I'm getting too fussed about this as no one but me and you guys ever know.

I'm off to go and find my 'Happy Place'.

Serenity NOW!

Modelling is such fun.

Thanks guys for the comments. They keep me sane.

Dan

Just paged through your thread Dan and liking what I see, shame about the IP not fitting well, but as you say, it's only us nutters that know. Keep it coming.

Bashed a bit more on poor Anton.

Cowl is now glued together . I had to add a big strip of styrene to get it all to work. Hope it will all look okay in the end. Started to mess with the landing gear but running into problems getting all the angles right and the wheel tracking straight.

Worked a bit on the canopy putting in some internal detail and starting to put some paint on. Here's where I'm at now.

Overall.jpg

I really must thank all you guys for your support and encouragement.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back