1/24 Airfix Fw 190 a? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work mate!

On a different note though.....shouldn't a man cave be filthy and dirty, the same as a woman's cave (no, NOT that one!) should be spotless??

Progress;
Started work in the cockpit, filled those blinking sink holes in the prop and did the other side of the cowl flaps.

cockpit02.jpg

Really thinned the canopy retract and added an emergency jettison lever.

cockpit01.jpg

Started to add rivet detail to the underside of the fuselage with a tiny round Dremel ball cutter. ( The kits rivets get real soft on the top and bottom of the fuselage, molding limitations I think.)

Just started mucking about with the engine.

Trust me the cave mucho messy. But I'm getting sick and tired of spending all my modelling time looking for snit.

Became a bit of a Felix Unger and bought a blinking label machine. In cleaning up I found something like five xacto knives. I just go out and get a new one when I can't find the old one.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, helps with the sanity. I decided not to rip out the cowl flaps as it would be a waste as I didn't know if I could get them any better.

Dan

Progress;

IPandStep.jpg

Thinned the IP and added some bitza. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to use for instruments as the ones from Eduard aren't up to scratch. Might have to order the decal ones and go with them as I've wasted a fair bit of time today seeing if I could use the kit glass piece now that I've thinned the IP. Sigh, a bit more thought might have saved me some work. I'm also considering printing some onto clear acetate then flipping it around and painting the back white(old school). Fixed up the step with some pinned brass and the kit part. Doing a lot of cleaning up of parts and test fitting but not much else to show.

Yep, pics got eaten by the Photobucket Yeti. Should all be right now.
Sorry about that Chief...

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back