1/24 Airfix Fw 190 a?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Progress; (If you don't count going half blind cutting tiny bits of brass tube.)

hinge.jpg

Just wanted to do some hinge detail as not much offered in the kit. Lots more done around the kit but nothing much to take pics of...

Thanks for all the comments guys. Helps to push the old bones out to the bungalow for a work session.

Only two more hinges to go. 'Bout had it trying to cut all those 2.5mm bits of brass tube....

It does have a wire core but is non working. Used bits of paper with holes to act as spacers to try and get even gaps between the pieces. I tried soldering them but it didn't work so used superglue instead. Maybe a bit too proud of the fuselage surface but kit detail was really mushy and soft so had to do something.

Glad you like. Hope it looks okay under some paint.

Progress;

Cockpit surround. Filed out the channel for the canopy eject rod added another piano hinge and some more spurious details. Got to whip out the paint, yeah!

cockpitsurround01.jpg

cockpitsurround02.jpg

Worked over the gun cowl.

cockpitsurround03.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm loving that I get to paint something. More hinge to do and then get back to the cockpit.

Dan

That looks great, I love the paint and weathering technique on the cockpit surround.

Progress; Cockpit base before paint.

cockpit03.jpg

cockpit04.jpg

Looking foreword to painting this tonight.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. Getting to the fun part for me now as I love painting.

Jayl-- I'm happy you like my not too subtle weathering. A bit of an acquired taste but there you go. More soon as I dive into

this bit. I'm awaiting Radus new belts and some instrument decals for the Ip. Sigh, maybe next week....

Dan

Very nice work Dan, looks the biz !
Which company makes the resin seat? It's nice, but looks just a tad large - notice how close to the control column it is.

Progress;

Started painting. Still real rough :( )

cockpit05.jpg

cockpit06.jpg

Airframes-- The seat is from Jerry Rutman. Real close to the same size as the kit seat. Seat a bit foreword in the pic (still lose.) But there isn't much clearance.

I think the whole kit cockpit is, well, off. Too wide, side consuls don't slant and floor just not right. I'm not too fussed about it but I could see where it could drive you mad.

I wasn't going to do anything to the cockpit but got sucked into the whole AMS thing. Lots not right. I should have made a better throttle, the O2 regulator that I turned is wrong in shape and should sit in a hole in an thin panel in front of where it is.

Yadda, yadda, yadda 1/24 is great in that you can put so much in but I could get to chasing my own tail and never get the sucker finished. I'll move on and burry my mistakes ;)

Thanks for the support. Keeps me sane and motivated.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back