1/32 Arado Ar 196A-3 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I say build it! The plane did take off of a ship..

Thanks for the interest guys, hope I can do it justice.

So does this fit within the rules of the group build since it was a catapult launched aircraft?

Yes. The carrier Aircraft GB is any aircraft that has been launched from a ship, catapult aircraft included. From B-25"s to OS2U's...

Charles

Great choice Jason, another one to add variety, and one I've wanted to see built. Wouldn't mind doing one myself sometime, but probably in 1/48th scale - running out of space for more 1/32nd models !
Long been one of my "wants" also, ever since building the Lindberg 1/350 Bismarck, and devoting at least half the time painting on the Arados!
One of the coolest looking seaplanes of all time!

Is that the kit with the detail engine option ? :D I love that kit if so, can't wait to see it :D

Spent the weekend on it and got quite a bit done. Hope you like it. :tongue3:

7775901462_44095e2a83_c.png

That was my attempt to give Charles and Wayne a hard time about their progress replies. I'm just in the cut parts off tree / clean-up stage. That took me a whole minute to tape together and get a pic.

Good looking kit! Starts off like Swordfish does, I cant think of a plane that looks better than the Arado does on floats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back