1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Scipio, and welcome to this build. This being a 1:32 scale metal and ply partworks build, I can't find any aftermarket parts on the internet. Hong Kong Models have a 1:32 scale injection kit Lanc pending and I'm sure when that's launched, aftermarket parts will soon become available. Probably too late for me though.

Again thanks to Wurger, Andy, Ian, Terry, Gnomey, Jerry, Bill, David and Matt for your positive responses. It's your encouragement that sees me through the lows on this build.

Btw, haven't got the money to hit Dublin yet, but will give you a shout when I can! :)

And thanks Evan. Glad to hear from you again. Trust you are settling in and look forward to meeting up at some point soon.

I've been adding dozens of tiny bolt heads detail to the undercarriage parts. It's taken two sessions so far and still have lots to do. Will post some shots when they're finished.

Gerry

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne, Jan Bill (Night Fighter Nut).

Just thought I'd better do an interim post as detailing the wheel wells is taking much longer that I anticipated. It doesn't help that the days are shortening here and the light isn't great and a lot of the work I'm doing is black on black.

I've just completed detailing the rear wheel braces for the undercarriage.

Backwheelstruts1_zpse638d186.jpg

This firstly involved glueing 64 bolt heads onto each strut - 256 in all on this undercarriage section alone! It also complicates matters that the bolt studs have a domed top and flat bottom, so you have to be careful which end you glue. The three sections on each assembly were bolted together using mini nuts and bolts. The inset shows how the magazine inset suggests the bolt heads be added. The reality involved a lot more swearing!

Backwheelstruts2_zpsaf250597.jpg

This is the completed assembly. Thin pipes and brackets have been added to the longer sections. The brackets are made from lead foil. Hydraulic lines (?) A were added using painted brass rod, as depicted in photos I have.

These assemblies have now been added to the rear bulkheads of the wheel wells after much sanding and fitting. I am now adding further pipes and cables, based on the reference photos. It's very dark in there but I'll post some shots of the finished installation as soon as I finish.

That's all folks!

Cheers,

Gerry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back