1/32nd Scale 'Revegawa' Spitfire MkXIVc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is amazing and thanks Airframe-sama. This is for the first time I read this thread, had seen the photographs anyway. The cockpit including pilot's seat and Sutton harness is superb. Once I had thought to make a Mk14 using 1/24 Airfix Mk.I but I didn't have guts to embark on that.

Thank you all very much indeed for the compliments. P-Posie, I would love to see a MkXIV in 1/24th scale! It would take a bit of work, but I'm sure it could be done. I think the hardest part would be making the propellor blades, but if one was carved, maybe from wood, and then a mould made, others could be cast in resin, and the spinner too. The cowling and the rocker cover bulges could be moulded in Milliput or similar, and the fin and rudder altered as per my conversion, with the rudder carved from balsa. The wheels might be a challenge, unless a suitable pattern can be found, and new ones moulded.
I'm afraid I'm running a little behind, so the 'Diver Bird' hasn't had the AEAF stripes added yet, and the base is still drying, even though the latter is just plain 'grass'.
Hopefully, more pics very soon.

Well, only a day or so late! Sorry, I wanted to wait until the base had dried before taking any pics.
The Spitfire XIV is now finished, with all the small details attended to, and the AEAF stripes added under the rear fuselage, painted to represent washable paint.
Here's a couple of pics to be going on with, and the rest I have posted in the 'Completed Models' threads, under 'Diver Bird - 1/32nd scale Spitfire MkXIVc'.
Thanks very much once again for all your encouragement and kind comments. Being self-critical, I can find a few areas that could be improved but, for a relatively complex conversion, at least it looks like a MkXIV and, overall, I like it. I hope you do!
Thanks again,
Terry.

Attachments

• Spit XIV Build 562.jpg
    Spit XIV Build 562.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Spit XIV Build 563.jpg
    Spit XIV Build 563.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back