1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very cool, I'll have to use this method in the future I usually just paint them on the sprue and fill in the paint a bit later, sand and voila This method that your using is great

Igor, until I came onto the forum I had never considered finishing on the sprue. But now I do leave the small stuff attached and do my seam finishing while attached. I shake my head now thinking back to removing all the tiny parts and trying to keep them in my fingers.

I use old yogurt cups to hold the parts for painting by airbrush. I usually poke a hole in the bottom of the cup to hold the piece by the pin used for glueing, but if there is more than one pin I stick them in the blue tac. I use blue tac a lot for holding parts. If I am attaching something very small to another part I will stick it to a cup bottom to steady it.

I'm rambling. Taking a small break until I get back on this one.

Bill

Back on to the #16GB.

Looking at the reference pics again Evan, Is this a later model? The kit I have does not have valve covers on the engine.....

Speaking of which, engine is painted, am going to add some plumbing and wiring, I think. This would be the V model F.2b so one machine gun is in order.

Going to practice wood graining the 4 blade prop. This one will be using the two blade prop.

Attachments

• GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 4a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 72
  • GB16 F.2b Dvdsn 4b.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 71
No idea Bill to be honest. Label simply states it's an 8 cylinder 300 hp Hispano-Suiza V-motor, which (according to Wiki) makes it a Type 16.

I googled surviving F.2Bs, and it appears to be F.2B Be/66, restored in 1989 and displayed at the Brussels Musee de l'Armee.

Front engine section is done.....
I'm attempting wood grane, and I am ready for Johnny Walkers help!!!!!! Could someone please send him to my place!

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 5.bmp
    449.8 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread