1/48 Kawanishi N1K1 "Rex"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Tamiya decals are thick, the ones for the front edge I.D. strips split instead of wrapping around the edge.

rex9.jpg

rex10.jpg

rex11.jpg

Yep. I ended up masking and painting them. There are a couple of small details left, but they can keep til morning. I am done for today.
Thanks for looking in!

rex13.jpg

rex12.jpg

That looks pretty good Paul, in the case of this kit the decals are pretty ordinary unless going on a flat surface, so painting those stripes was always going to be on the cards...

Looks very nice, Paul. I have thrown in the towel on the decal based stripes on the '51. I have the underside stripes painted on now and decided to remove the decal stripes on the upper side of the wings. I will be repainting them tonight, I hope. Let's see, 2 steps forward, a step and half back.....
Dale

Looks very nice, Paul. I have thrown in the towel on the decal based stripes on the '51. I have the underside stripes painted on now and decided to remove the decal stripes on the upper side of the wings. I will be repainting them tonight, I hope. Let's see, 2 steps forward, a step and half back.....
Dale
That's still progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back