1/48 Kawanishi N1K1 "Rex"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How's this?

rex7.jpg

Paul/Ivan,
Looks darned nice. I think I found my problem with my paint jobs..... You say you are EXHAUSTING the fumes out the window? Man, I guess there in lies my problem. ;)
Dale

Paul/Ivan,
Looks darned nice. I think I found my problem with my paint jobs..... You say you are EXHAUSTING the fumes out the window? Man, I guess there in lies my problem. ;)
Dale
Yeah, except that when I started on the green I forgot to turn the fan on. The dog started coughing and gagging, that's what alerted me.

Slight weathering done with thinned black paint carefully applied and some silver pencil in strategic locations.
As always, I prefer the clean look of a new aircraft. Sometime I will dirty one up just to show that I can. But not today.
One slight variation from the Tamiya instructions, the undersides of the floats are aluminum, as per Japanese instructions for float planes, from Arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot, one of the finest sites for studying Japanese aircraft as I have ever found. These guys are as dedicated as Wotjek and Terry to finding the truth on colors and details, but they are fixed on Japanese aircraft only.

rex8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back