1/48 Mitsubishi F1M2 Type Zero Observation Seaplane. Allied Name, "Pete"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
I have had a bunch of disasters lately. I am going to shake them off by building this one for a friend.
This is the Hasegawa "Pete". I have the P.E. set that has the wires, and several Quick boost additions. Four to be exact.
Wire covers,
Pitot and tie rods,
Exhaust,
and,
the hoist set up.
I am better than the problems that have plagued me lately. And I intend to prove it.

pete1.jpg

pete2.jpg

pete3.jpg

pete4.jpg

Good one Paul. I'm part way through the same kit, also for a friend (!), but have hit delays with some of the 'fiddly bits' due to my darned stiff hands - haven't been able to do any modelling, or picture painting, for a few months.

I decided to start with the dolly. It has to sit on something! Basic construction with Hasegawa's enigmatic descriptions. Luckily, most parts are flash free, and the pins fit where there are supposed to.
I started with a dark grey/iron type color and then went to a brown/orange wash. Then I did a dit-dot thing with a brighter orange, and blew some water (thinner, if you use enamels.) over the whole thing to get the "drip" thing right.
Seems good to me.
pete6.jpg

I'll get yer' coat!
Perhaps the dolly is a bit over-done, but I figure that if the Japanese didn't have the means to re-paint the aircraft, (except for the National markings), they surely didn't worry about the plane dollies. And anyways, I like rust...You ought to see some of my tank exhausts!
Back to the Pete. Because research has taken away my beloved "Aotake" finish, (except on interior structures) I have done the cockpit in an initial "Bamboo green" as per Wayne's fine builds. I will post pictures as soon as I am done adding wires and finishing the paint job.
(Damn, I really liked the "Aotake". It looked so purty with the purple on my "Rufe"!)

You just did One step.............. where's the plane???????

Honestly, that is a great looking cradle, and it Would be That rusty!

"I am better than the problems that have plagued me lately. And I intend to prove it."
And you Arh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back