1/48 Mitsubishi F1M2 Type Zero Observation Seaplane. Allied Name, "Pete" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I did it again. I was putting on the top wing after placing the P.E. wires and managed to snap the port wing support. I wasn't placing that much pressure on it, (I thought), it seems that this Hasegawa plastic is brittle. This is the second time that this has happened, though not in the same place. I repaired the first break without documenting it.

pete10.jpg

pete11.jpg

Damn!

Better now than later my friend :) These projects are all great for practice and its better that you have it break now, than on a tight deadline (imagine it breaking on say, a deadline for a tournament :D)

Heck, Paul! That's a darned shame at this stage in the build, but no doubt you'll get it sorted.
It's the 'fiddly bits' on this kit which are holding me back, until I see some marked improvement in the articulation of my hands and wrists. Messing-up one of my own models I can live with (I'd curse, but I'd live with it!), but messing-up a model for someone else I just can't risk, or accept. Hopefully, this 'stiff and sore phase' will pass, and I'll be able to get back to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back