1/48 Mitsubishi F1M2 Type Zero Observation Seaplane. Allied Name, "Pete"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

added some wires to the pit.
pete1.jpg

I was figuring on attaching the sparkplug wires to the cylinder heads and then to the wiring harness.
This is how it is going so far.
Stretched sprue glued to the sparkplugs, then I will run some liquid glue on the "wires" to soften them and use a toothpick to put them in place on the harness.
pete 9.jpg

It is reflecting a lot of blue!

I'll get yer' coat!
Perhaps the dolly is a bit over-done, but I figure that if the Japanese didn't have the means to re-paint the aircraft, (except for the National markings), they surely didn't worry about the plane dollies. And anyways, I like rust...You ought to see some of my tank exhausts!

Great job on the dolly! Spending much of my life around the ocean here (Hawaii), the amount of rust on your dolly doesn't strike me as being overdone. Depending on the metal and paint, the amount of surface rust you portrayed is IMO possible.

I was figuring on attaching the sparkplug wires to the cylinder heads and then to the wiring harness.
This is how it is going so far.
Stretched sprue glued to the sparkplugs, then I will run some liquid glue on the "wires" to soften them and use a toothpick to put them in place on the harness.

Man, I admire you for not taking the easy road with copper wire. :)

I find that solder or lead wire is best for this kind of stuff but the trick is to find a thin gauge to suit the scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back