1/48 Pro Modeller Heinkel He111H-22 with V-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cut out 2 decals to start decalling the V1 today.....one disintergrated the other I saved....just! need to gloss coat the b@stards now to use any of them....:evil:

What a b*gg*r! Seems to be common with decals in Pro Modeller kits, and some other Revell releases from the same period using the same decal manufacturer. I've had at least two where that happened, mainly with the small, detail decals such as stencils. Seems like striving for scale appearance and thin decals didn't work!

Ok...taking my own advice, (passed on to others that asked me how to solve the same problem) I brushed some clear gloss onto a selection of decals, left them overnight and tried the first one this morning.....worked fine so I added the others that I had glossed.....

Attachments

• 12_V1 Decals_8023.JPG
    12_V1 Decals_8023.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 13_V1 Decals_8020.JPG
    13_V1 Decals_8020.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 14_V1 Decals_8016.JPG
    14_V1 Decals_8016.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 132
Nice catch Wayne but wouldn't it be nice to know which decals might be supsect BEFORE wasting glosscoat on them? I would definitely coat old leftovers but sure would not consider having to do that for a brand new kit. A note to Pro Modellers should be in order.

So, if you're uncertain about a sheet of decals, it can be a good idea to gloss the whole thing then? Awesome work Wayne!

If you think it may be suspect...wouldn't hurt to coat the whole thing.....I'm just brushing over what I am currently using , but will spray the primary markings when necessary.

Nice catch Wayne but wouldn't it be nice to know which decals might be supsect BEFORE wasting glosscoat on them? I would definitely coat old leftovers but sure would not consider having to do that for a brand new kit. A note to Pro Modellers should be in order.

I reckon the whole sheet is most likely suspect....it is dated 1995! I have had it for some time...

added the remaining stencils, and still some broke up but the gloss held the sections together and I was
able to put them back together!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back