Revell 1/48 B-17G "Chow Hound" Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I hear you H. I haven't put enough time into my P-47 as well. I'm sure I can finish it by the end of the month if I skipped some of the step I want to do, but I won't do that.
Do what you can, no need to rush and build a model you are not happy with.

Need to even out camo... will come out later...

Attachments

• 102_6358.JPG
    102_6358.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 102_6359.JPG
    102_6359.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 102_6360.JPG
    102_6360.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 175
Maybe a light rub-down H, then another coat. But don't rush it just for the sake of getting it finished; it's a nice kit, and looks great when finished. Did you brush paint the OD, or airbrush? The pics make it look like brushed, a bit on the heavy side. The size is ideal for the airbrush, and excellent practice, being all one colour. It's not looking bad overall though mate, just get the port side OD lower, when you even things up, and once the clear coats go on, it should even out more.

It'll be sad to hear that you may have to drop out with this big beaut H, but totally understand your predicament. Don't try to rush it just to try and make the deadline for you've done a great job so far and it would be a shame to spoil it.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Andy, Vic, and NFN :D

And Dirk and Terry (Didn't see the posts)

I wanna master the brush. It is easy to maintain than an airbrush but the airbrush is easier to use.

Then go back an re-read the Brush painting guide H. If you can really get to grips with a paint brush, almost anything can be achieved. But, as you've got one, the airbrush is better for such large areas of single colour - it's just a bit of a pain preparing, and then cleaning afterwards. But modelling aint about 'quick fixes' or 'off the shelf displays'!!

Thanks Jack. Not happy with my paint job at all. :([/QUOT

Looks pretty good to me. Ya like airframes definately take your time. Unfortunately, I always break this rule and make careless mistakes. (not knowing I have a bit of paint or glue on my hand and then touching the plane or not letting things dry and then touching them) Good job so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back